Senior Consultant / Manager, Forensic Accounting
You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Our Advisory Services team is growing. We are looking for Senior Consultant and/or Manager, with at least two years' experience in forensic accounting,
to join our team in Montréal and Québec City.
You will be part of a team carrying out forensic accounting mandates, including mandates in litigation assistance, business valuation, forensic investigation, fraud or embezzlement risk management and prevention, background research, etc.
Our highly specialized group will give you a unique opportunity to be exposed to many interesting and challenging situations. KPMG is committed to developing your capabilities and providing you with ongoing training.
What you will do
- Lead or assist in forensic accounting mandates such as financial fraud investigations, fraud prevention, forensic examinations, calculating and analyzing claims for financial losses, providing advisory services, preparing financial data, and tracking funds and accounts.
- Review or produce financial reports as an independent expert.
- Plan and supervise the drafting of reports for mandates and take part in producing deliverables.
- Analyze financial data, examine documents, carry out in-depth research and conduct forensic accounting engagements concerning, for instance, contractual disputes, asset misappropriations and conflicts of interest.
- Act as a recognized resource person for all complex issues relating to your area of expertise, in conjunction with the Senior Manager .
- Ensure the quality of reports and deliverables and see that the firm's quality standards are applied.
- Advise clients about complex business issues.
- Implement investigative plans concerning sensitive litigation cases and objectively analyze complex financial issues.
- Be able to integrate different expertise to meet client needs.
- Supervise and coordinate a team's work as needed according to the circumstances.
- Prepare and assist in examinations .
- Maintain sustained, stable and enduring relations with clients and act as a business partner.
- Solicit opportunities and present the portfolio of KPMG services in a variety of forums.
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor of Business Administration, CPA and/or DESS in Accounting .
- Minimum of two years' experience in Forensic Accounting and/or Business Valuation.
- Specialization in Forensic Accounting, with an additional professional designation, such as CBV, CFA, CFE or CFF.
- Experience in some of the following software would be considered an asset: Alteryx, SQL, ACL / Galvanize / IDEA, Tableau / Power BI, Python, R, and SAS .
- Rapid adaptability in a changing environment and in projects that are constantly evolving.
- Have an advanced level in financial modeling.
- Work experience in a fast-paced project environment, with tight deadlines and varying working hours.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and define problems in a clear and articulate manner and develop creative solutions to meet client needs .
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in French and English, including the ability to prepare and make presentations, conduct interviews and lead workshops for clients
- Solid writing skills, including the ability to prepare detailed technical reports and summaries .
- Proven ability to work in a team collaborative environment and facility in receiving and providing feedback.
- Relationship development and management skills, with the ability to interact, establish credibility and build trust among a wide range of professionals at all levels .
- Be familiar with IT, including Excel (advanced level), Word, PowerPoint, Access and other relevant software.
- Enjoy working as a team and be ready to do engagements in other areas of advisory services when needed.
- Be mobile.
Keys to your success:
- Being driven to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.
- Maintaining regular communication with the management team including Managers, Senior Managers and Partners, as well as clients.
- Bringing intelligence and dedication to meet demands at key times of pressure and to deliver the results expected by clients.
about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity , we do what is right | Excellence , we never stop learning and improving | Courage , we think and act boldly | Together , we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better , we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: or phone: (phone hidden) or toll free 1-(phone hidden) Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
L’École Montessori de Montréal est une école primaire privée bien réputée dans la communauté pour les bonnes valeurs éducatives, l’excellent programme pédagogique et les services professi [...]
Veuillez postuler via Isarta ENTREPRISE : Musique Select Inc. POSTE : Gestionnaire de contenu et médias sociaux LIEU : Montréal Titre du poste : Gestionnaire de contenu et méd [...]
Bonjour, nous sommes à la recherche d'un(e) pâtissier(e) pour compléter notre superbe équipe. Si vous êtes passionné par les produits faits maison, avec des ingrédients de qualité et respectan [...]
Veuillez postuler via Isarta ENTREPRISE : Multi-Prêts Hypothèques POSTE : Conseiller (ère) communications marketing LIEU : Montréal Crier haut et fort qui vous êtes et contr [...]