Specialist, Indirect Tax
You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Our Indirect Tax team offers a full range of services on the Goods and Services Tax (GST), HST, QST, provincial sales tax (PST), payroll taxes, US sales and transaction taxes,
value added taxes in EU and other jurisdictions as well as premium taxes and fuel taxes levied by the provincial and federal governments in Canada. We help our clients ensure that they are meeting their obligations in all relevant jurisdictions and that they are making the most of any refund opportunities.
As a Specialist you will work closely with KPMG personnel and clients on Indirect Tax matters. You will research and prepare advice for our clients. The ideal candidate enjoys research, working with large volumes of data, problem solving and providing timely value-add responses to clients.
*Please note this is a virtual opportunity affiliated with our Toronto office*
What you will do
- Working with clients of all sizes from smaller private companies to large public.
- Responding to Indirect Tax questions from within KPMG and from clients in a very timely manner.
- Assist in review engagements in the context of recovery mandates.
- Work with advanced information technology for electronic data query and analysis.
- Analysis of various client transactions, using computer generated exception reports, to identify potential tax recoveries.
- Research and discuss potential recovery issues with colleagues.
- Verification of client accounts payable files to ensure the accuracy of all documentation.
- Perform In-depth data analysis to identify areas of risk, opportunities and recommend solutions for our clients.
- Conducting a thorough technical analysis and recovery documentation.
- Providing clients with the fast recovery and compliance issue identification.
- Responsible for the compilation of client recovery schedules.
- Providing support to team members in related tasks.
- Researching technical positions for complicated Indirect Tax matters.
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
- Work with other office members in attracting new work to the firm.
What you bring to the role
- 2-3 years of experience in Indirect Tax.
- Professional Accounting Designation is an asset.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access, and all MS-office suites.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and teamwork skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities and to multitask.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Ability to work with multiple demands and short deadlines.
- Strong project management, organization and time-management abilities.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and within a virtual team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and to be able to communicate to clients.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the client's business.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relations.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism.
- Ability to lead large client engagements and interact effectively with ad hoc questions from clients.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions.
- Familiarity with data analytics software such as Power BI and the ability to transform and visualize data is an asset.
Keys to your success: Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity , we do what is right | Excellence , we never stop learning and improving | Courage , we think and act boldly | Together , we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better , we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: or phone: (phone hidden) or toll free 1-(phone hidden) Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Looking for AZ Driver ASAP Dedicated driver for dedicated runs daily Brampton to Montreal 24/7work Availability, No wasting of time during delivery or pickup, Monday to Sunday Runs First day Starts fr [...]
ASSISTANT BRAND MANAGER The candidate will also work directly with the Senior/Brand Manager, supporting key marketing initiatives related to innovation, sales support, packaging, and media creative [...]
Urgent help wanted for Big Ship Media in Brampton for various fields, please DO NOT VISIT to apply resume in person, submit only by email or SMS to 647-373-5566 [email protected] We will cal [...]
Role: Business Development Manager Experience: 3 to 5 years Key Role: · Business Development Manager will be responsible for sales and meeting monthly business targets - Identify [...]