Specialist, International Tax
You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
As an International Corporate Tax Specialist, you will work closely with our senior leaders to analyze issues and meet our clients' expectations. As a member of the tax engagement team,
you excel at meeting the international tax planning needs of clients. This position provides a fascinating opportunity to work on a wide range of tax assignments requiring analysis, valuation and quantification. Special projects and research will keep you abreast of tax practices
*Please note this opportunity is a virtual opportunity - located in Canada*
What you will do
- Work closely with other team members on a range of international tax advisory projects involving Canadian multinational corporations operating abroad and foreign companies investing into Canada.
- Prepare detailed documents and communications for clients, including technical memos and client-specific advice letters.
- Provide assistance to senior staff through support in research, development, implementation, project strategy and other international tax initiatives for specific clients.
- Help develop and implement general tax planning strategies.
- Work on income tax returns, T1134 forms, FAPI computations, and surplus calculations.
- The successful candidate's main responsibilities in their first year will be international corporate tax compliance.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a public accounting firm or is in process of obtaining or has recently obtained a CPA designation or MTax degree.
- Interest in developing strong tax technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player, dedication and strong work effort, and demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Proven ability to interact with co-workers, management and clients alike in a manner that is respectful, patient, and understanding.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Is keen to assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Willingly takes on and learns new skills by researching a wide variety of tax issues.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity , we do what is right | Excellence , we never stop learning and improving | Courage , we think and act boldly | Together , we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better , we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: or phone: (phone hidden) or toll free 1-(phone hidden) Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Postes de Journaliers - Laval Horaire de Jour: 7h à 15h30 Aucune expérience demandée, formation donnée sur place Débutez dès maintenant!!! Intéressé, appelez Élody au 514-382-1311 [...]
Description d'emploi Vous ne connaissez pas le domaine de la rénovation résidentielle? Ne vous inquiétez pas, nous ferons de vous un expert! Le spécialiste des ventes offre un service à la cl [...]
POSITION OVERVIEW: Job Role: Linux Infrastructure Security Engineer Linux Infrastructure Security Engineer required to work in the Enterprise Security Platforms (ESP) Endpoint Engineering Team, [...]
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealt [...]