Technician, Indirect Tax
You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
As a member of the Indirect Tax practice, you will work closely with KPMG Partners, Senior Managers and other team members in our compliance service line. As part of the engagement team,
the Technician will excel in servicing the planning and compliance needs of our clients. This position provides the opportunity to participate in a broad range of indirect tax-related work requiring analysis, assessment, and quantification. Special projects and research will ensure that you are kept up-to-date on current tax practices.
We offer a continuous learning environment, a team approach and interesting and challenging work, where you will be collaborating with experienced tax professionals and you will develop a varied skill set.
*Please note this is a virtual opportunity affiliated with our Vaughan office*
What you will do
- Research and analysis of a wide variety of indirect tax issues.
- Preparing and reviewing indirect tax returns including GST/HST, QST and PST returns
- Interacting with clients and other team members.
- Assisting senior staff members in all aspects of indirect tax Initiatives.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience in a Public Accounting firm or industry with specific experience completing GST/HST, QST and PST tax returns.
- Strong time-management and self-motivation abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Self-starter and proactive with a great sense of ownership
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Proven ability to interact with co-workers, management and clients alike in a manner that is respectful, patient, and understanding.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Willingly takes on and learns new skills by researching a wide variety of tax issues.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships. 1
- Keys to your success: Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity , we do what is right | Excellence , we never stop learning and improving | Courage , we think and act boldly | Together , we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better , we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: or phone: (phone hidden) or toll free 1-(phone hidden) Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
*NEED OWNER OPERATORS / DRIVERS ASAP* @ MLINK LOGISTICS Call – 289-232-6727 Ext 5 Description: We are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada, looking for experienced Owner Operators to serve [...]
Light Speed Logistics is looking for professional drivers for cross border. All potential applicants MUST have a MINIMUM of 2 years over the road experience. HELLO 2021....WHAT BETTER TIME TO COME ON [...]
We’re hiring a Business analyst for one of our clients! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues! Start: Jan 2021 Duration: 6 months + possible extensions Hou [...]
Blend HRM is a Recruitment Process Outsourcer, who prides itself on a portfolio of awesome clients and takes great care of our internal team and culture. Our goal is to be the most customer-centric [...]