City of Toronto
Reporting directly to the Manager of Wastewater and Stormwater Pumping, the Area Supervisor Process Operation and Maintenance (ASPOM) responsibilities will be accountable for ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation and regulatory requirements related to inspection, operation, maintenance and construction aspects of Toronto Water infrastructure. The ASPOM will function as a team leader, directing, coaching and motivating staff in achieving performance objectives related to processes, maintenance and construction activities, while seeking out long term performance improvements.
- Supervises, motivates and trains the unit’s staff, ensures effective teamwork,
high level of work quality and overall organizational performance, promotes continuous learning and encourages innovation in others
- Supervises the day to day operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work. Authorizes and coordinates vacation and overtime requests.
- Monitors and evaluates staff performance, approves salary increments, hears grievances and recommends disciplinary action when necessary
- Supervises assigned staff within a designated Work Area and ensures compliance with all applicable legislation such as, Ontario Water Resources Act (OWRA), Environmental Protection Act (EPA), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and other relevant codes and regulations
- Oversees and is responsible for the overall performance, compliance and continuous improvement of the assigned operations and maintenance of a Work Area within a major water or wastewater unit
- Oversees and is responsible for the overall performance of all shifts within the Work Area
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of the Work Area Staff in investigating and implementing corrective action as required and responding to emergency situations that may arise while minimizing the impact on both Staff and service delivery
- Maintains knowledge/experience in the workings of various types of specialized equipment and processes within the Work Area
- Ensures optimal utilization of management and technological systems by Work Area Staff and other Toronto Water Staff or Contractors (e.g. Work Management System, Performance and Operations Management System, Process Control System, and Total Operations Optimization)
- Reviews information captured in the management and technological systems and other sources in order to improve operational performance by setting standards, and goals to meet objectives
- Demonstrates and promotes behaviours/values, including mutual respect, open communication, trust and conflict resolution
- Effectively handles day to day labour relations matters, including adherence to the Collective Agreement and handling of grievances and the imposition of discipline as required
- Leads and supervises scheduling of work in the Work Area to ensure optimum delivery of services
- Participates as a member of divisional/sectional teams in continuous improvement activities including technological and management processes and systems
- Maintains required records in accordance with the City’s Policies and Procedures and to ensure compliance with applicable legislation
- Liaises with other Work Areas, contractors and consulting engineers and support services
- Oversees, monitors and is responsible for overall budgeting and purchasing of materials and equipment required for the ongoing operations and maintenance of the Work Area and links this with the overall facility budget
- Investigates and initiates appropriate action on complaints or concerns
- Liaises with the public on issues related to complaints, inquiries, and education
- Identifies project work and initiates the requisition of appropriate resources and ensures integration of same into the Capital Planning process and Operational Budget Process
- Experience and knowledge in the operation, inspection, maintenance and construction of large scale wastewater/stormwater collection system infrastructure.
- Must have Ministry of Environment, Wastewater Collection (WWC) Class 1 and ability to obtain a Wastewater Collection (WWC) Class ll license.
- Possession of and ability to maintain a valid, Province of Ontario Class "G" license and qualify for the City's drivers' permit
- Experience in preventative and corrective maintenance management program development, sustainment and improvement
- Experience in leading, coaching, training, mentoring staff and providing work direction and holding people accountable
- Experience in industrial maintenance, rehabilitation and construction activities
- Experience in emergency response scenarios, including response to environmental spills, power failures, flooding, pumping station alarms and general operational challenges on a 24/7 bases
- Experience in planning, scheduling and coordinating work activities.
- Extensive experience working in a unionized environment, including managing supervising, motivating, training and ensuring effective teamwork, while promoting organizational performance and continuous improvement.
- Decision making skills with a track record demonstrating innovation and results oriented leadership, and the ability to promote and foster teamwork.
- Extensive knowledge and application of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, including knowledge of Ontario Water Resources Act (OWRA), Environmental Protection Act (EPA), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), Clean Water Act (CWA) and other relevant codes and regulations governing Water and Wastewater Operations in the Province of Ontario.
- Experience utilizing computer and various software applications including Work Management Systems, SCADA, database programs and MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Excellent report writing, communication (oral and written), presentation and interpersonal skills to deal effectively throughout all levels of the organization, including political representatives, consultants, contractors and the public. – move up
- Knowledgeable of the Ontario Labour relations Code and collective agreement with experience in discerning appropriate management responses to labour relations issues
- Ability to prepare tender documents, reports and maintain records of operation.
- Ability to work shifts standby/callout and work overtime
- Post-Secondary Education and/or trades certificate would be an asset
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
TRANS UNITE is hiring experienced TEAM Drivers for USA longhaul. 24000 miles guaranteed. - paid bi-weekly direct deposit. - Automatic trucks - must be able to pass drug test - must have 2 years of AZ [...]
Domino’s pizza located at 5005 steeles avenue east, Scarborough looking for full time Customer Service Representatives to provide great customer service in our Scarborough location. Job duties for C [...]
Any Spa Girls out of Work? Cash Paid Out Daily Part-Time OK! Chinese, Veitnamese, Korean, Japanese... Light skinned Asians. Start date: immediately We guarantee an income of $800 per day We are looki [...]
- Project management from creating project plans, managing timelines through to execution - Working closely with cross-functional teams - Closely manage financials of projects - Build relations [...]