Hotel Dieu Hospital
The Registered Nurse provides services in a manner consistent with Kingston Health Sciences Centre’s (Hotel Dieu Hospital Site) Mission, Vision and Values and that reflects the core values of Patient and Family Centred Care (dignity, respect, information sharing, participation,
and collaboration); practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and ethical values as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario; is accountable and responsible for the identification of knowledge and skills necessary to achieve competency within a given scope of practice; is able to demonstrate competencies that are essential for the delivery of safe and effective client care; applies an unique set of skills and knowledge in the provision of family focused care in an environment that promotes autonomy in nursing practice and practices in an environment that emphasizes certain nursing competencies such as patient assessment, priority setting, emergency care and treatment, crisis intervention and patient and family education; works as a member of a multidisciplinary team in the Children’s Outpatient Clinic; collaborates and communicates effectively with clients, families and all members of the health care team of multidisciplinary professionals and support personnel; participates in service and hospital wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centred environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
- Current certification of competence as a Registered Nurse in the Province of Ontario
- Current Criminal Reference Check (CRC) that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search administered by Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC)
- 1 year recent related nursing experience in a related acute care setting
- Proven good attendance record
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of coping in a physically and mentally demanding work environment
- Ability to function independently as well as interdependently
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently and rapidly
- Proven good attendance record.
- N.R.P certificate preferred
- CAN Emergency Certification preferred
- T.N.C.C., P.A.L.S., E.N.P.C. preferred
The applicant must meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Maltby Centre is the lead regional agency for Mental Health and Autism Services, with an experienced and compassionate team of professionals who provide high quality, community based health and suppor [...]
Reporting directly to the Membership Services Supervisor, the Customer Service Representative is responsible for: - Providing a welcoming and positive atmosphere for all members, guests, staff, and [...]
We are looking for a part time cleaner to join our team. Must have some experience with residential cleaning. Also must be available to start as soon as possible. [...]
Who we are CBI Health has been a key innovator in Canadian healthcare through improving community access and better outcomes driven by integrated models of care. As the largest provider of community [...]