Hotel Dieu Hospital
Under general direction, performs radiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of the technical details.
The MRT performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiographic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required, including the emergency room, the surgical suite, portables, and the diagnostic imaging department.
The Radiological Technologist will adhere to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times.
The employee may be trained and required to provide coverage at the Hotel Dieu Site of Kingston Health Sciences Centre.
Within this role the Radiological Technologist is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the KHSC strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
- Successful completion of a recognized course in x-ray technology.
- Eligible for registration with College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario.
- Competency on all general radiology imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated ability with above average written and verbal communication skills, including good grammar, composition and spelling.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is essential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously and tactfully with all types of people.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative sol [...]
Program Coordinator – Phone From Home Contract Position until Dec 31 2021 Jan 4 2021 to Mar 31 2021 37.5 hrs/wk Apr 1 2021 to Dec 31 2021 18.0 hrs/wk Start Date: January 4, 2021 Major functions [...]
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative s [...]
With 22,000 trained employees in 17 locations across Canada, we are Canada’s National Cleaning and Maintenance Company. From Vancouver to St. John’s, we maintain a diverse portfolio consisting of [...]