Hotel Dieu Hospital
The Communications Officer provides services in a manner consistent with KHSC Mission, Vision and Values and that reflect the core values of Patient and Family Centred Care (dignity, respect, information sharing, participation, and collaboration). The Communications Officer receives 911, emergency, and non-emergency requests for ambulance services, determines the required level of response and provides seamless ambulance dispatching services using the resources provided by ambulance service operators and provides timely and accurate telecommunications services to callers, ambulance service providers and other emergency health services system stakeholders. Central Ambulance Communications Centers (CACC) are mission critical,
technologically complex workplaces providing the initial access point to Ontario’s emergency health services systems for victims of illness or injury. The Communications Officer is required to function in a CACC that encompasses an extensive area of responsibility and frequently under heavy duress.
The successful candidates must be able to attend and successfully complete a 7-8 week (or more) training course out of town (travel required). The job offer is conditional upon satisfactory completion of a criminal record check. Minimum requirements will be tested.
Commitment for Casual Employees:
The successful candidates as part-time service employees must be available to work according to the following conditions:
- to work a minimum of four (4) shifts per two (2) week period;
- available twelve (12) months a year, less the allowable vacation entitlement;
- available to work a minimum of ten (10) shifts per two (2) week period;
- available for one (1) weekend (Friday-Sunday: Friday night, Saturday day and night, Sunday day and night) per pay period;
- available for Christmas period (starting on the night shift of Christmas Eve through to and including the night shift on Boxing Day) or New Year’s period (starting on the night shift of New Year’s Eve through to and including the night shift on New Year’s Day) on alternate years.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education program (i.e. university degree or minimum 2 year college diploma)
- Current Criminal Reference Check (CRC) that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search administered by Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC)
- Standard First Aid
- Heartsaver Level C CPR
- Advanced oral and written English skills.
- Demonstrated typing speed at a minimum of 40 wpm (with 90% accuracy)
- Proven good attendance records
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Must pass a general aptitude test
- Demonstrated ability to follow written instructions
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Excellent decision making skills in a high stress environment
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in a recognized CACC as an Ambulance Communications Officer
- Technical knowledge of dispatch console
The applicant must meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job applicants responding to this posting may be applying to a Tim Hortons® restaurant independently owned and operated by a franchisee and, if so, any hiring decisions will be made by the franchisee [...]
FONCTIONS : Affectation en Ressource EED (0.17) et Appui/CAP (0.33) EXIGENCE(S) : À l’intention des personnes inscrites à la liste des enseignants suppléants à long terme et des personne [...]
Make today the day you move forward with your work from home dream. About Arise: Arise connects small call center companies, run by people like you, to prestigious Fortune 500 clients through a vir [...]
Looking for property manager and housekeeping, to look after three units Airbnb cottage at Gananoque. [...]