Hotel Dieu Hospital
Under the direction of the Manager, Director and Medical Director of CT and General Radiology, the Technologist will be responsible for the day to day CT scanning of patients using a variety of CT specific equipment. The Technologist will perform radiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiographic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required, including the emergency room, the surgical suite, portables, and the Imaging Department.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the KHSC strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Shall be responsible for producing high quality images in CT and X-Ray with the least amount of radiation through optimum utilization of equipment
- Efficiently operate ancillary devices such as power injectors, AW workstation.
- Responsible for documenting patient exams in the patient care system, including any additional information regarding incomplete or technically unsatisfactory case.
- Responsible for sending images to PACS, confirming that images are attached to the correct patient exam, and verifying the exam
- Will perform the injection of contrast media in CT
- Will assist in the quality assurance program of equipment and report problems to the appropriate individual.
- Positions and transfers patients as necessary in the performance of his/her duties
- Utilizes immobilization devices on a regular and continuing basis to ensure patient safety and to prevent x-ray exposure due to movement
- Identifies each image with correct markers indicating right and left side, prone, supine, upright, decubitus, etc., and with correct patient identification and other pertinent information
- Provides radiation protection for all patients according to HARP regulations, the ALARA principles and Departmental policy
- Will regularly during the day, clean table surfaces with an approved disinfecting agent to prevent contamination to other patients and staff
- Will maintain room and equipment in a neat and orderly manner by cleaning equipment and storing all necessary equipment in an appropriate location
- Will ensure that his/her work area is properly supplied with lead shielding, lead apron and gloves, position blocks, markers and other required supplies in CT and X-Ray
- Will report equipment issues or failures to the Senior or Charge Technologist in their area. Will follow-up with equipment service as instructed
- Recognizes the significance of all structures visualized on the CT monitor and is able to differentiate artifact from normal or pathological structures. Must be able to determine the anatomy as normal or abnormal, and if abnormal, be able to delineate the abnormality and extend the scope of the study appropriately.
- Will ensure that all established radiological and CT procedures are followed.
- Adheres to the worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times. Where possible, take corrective action to address a hazard, otherwise report the unresolved hazard, dangerous circumstance, unsafe situation to self, other co-workers or the community, to their supervisor. Should the employee suffer a workplace injury or illness, he/she will advise their supervisor; actively participate in identifying and resolving the underlying cause(s), and participates in early and safe return to work as per Workplace Safety & Insurance
- Must have successfully completed Medical Radiation Technology Diploma Program
- Must be registered with the College of Medical Radiation and ImagingTechnologists of Ontario
- Completion of CT specific courses preferred (required within 18-months following the start of training shifts in CT)
- Technologist must have completed contrast media injection course prior to the start of the training schedule.
- Technically proficient with CT equipment, X-Ray equipment and accessories preferred
- Familiar with HIS/RIS and PACS systems
- Familiar with power injectors and AW work stations
- Medical terminology.
- Demonstrated ability with above average written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with a high level of professionalism in interpersonal relations.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize; work under pressure and show flexibility.
- Discretion and maturity in handling confidential matters.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKERS (Part-Time) - Extendicare Kingston Personal Support Workers (PSW) are invited to apply for Part-Time positions (days, evenings and nights) to work at our 150 bed long-term c [...]
Description Meet Lowe’s Canada, a team of more than 28,000 employees across the country who all share the same purpose: to help Canadians love where they live. Our associates demonstrate this com [...]
AZ driver for local deliveries please drop resume at 750 Fortune Cres [...]
We are looking to bring in 2 new servers to the Jiffy Grill immediately. Approximately 15 hours a week available to the right person with the opportunities for more work all the time. Reliable [...]