We are looking for someone with the flexibility and right attitude to perform various tasks within the Hamilton facility to meet the needs of our customers.
Reporting to the Supervisor, this position is accountable for providing assistance in the completion of various operating assignments.
- Process containerized waste such as drums, pails and totes by emptying, bulking, scraping and cutting containers
- Process batteries in the Battery sorting area by offloading trucks, sorting batteries, moving material and managing inventory levels
- Maintain accurate and legible processing records as per your assigned work area (i.e. drums or batteries)
- Operate a forklift to move material within the facility and to perform other warehousing type tasks
- Operate a floor sweeper to assist with general housekeeping and cleaning
- Perform general housekeeping on a daily basis, including segregation and proper storage of containers, snow removal, cleaning and warehouse organization
- Attend and participate in safety meetings and tool talks
- Report all safety incidents, equipment malfunction or any substandard performance to supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Previous knowledge of waste management operations are preferred
- Must be able to perform labour intensive duties (i.e. heavy lifting is required)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have previous forklift experience
- This position is primarily performed in the yard or in the Battery sorting area. Incumbent must be comfortable working in an outdoor environment in various weather conditions
- You must be able to stand for long periods of time
- You may be exposed to environmental conditions such as: hot, cold, dirt, dust, wet or noise
- You must be able to work independently and as part of a larger team environment
- You must be able to communicate in English both verbally and electronically
This position will operate on the Day Shift in an industrial setting that operates 5 days per week. You may be required to work additional hours and/or outside of regular hours to meet customer requirements.
This is a safety sensitive position. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required medical, physical and drug testing.
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Opportunity Job Posting Number: 2020-166 Position: System Controller Location: Hamilton (John) Reports to: Supervisor, System Control Business Unit: Network Operations Divi [...]
Kelly Services is looking for team players with excellent manual dexterity and a high attention for quality, to come join our team of Candy Packagers in Hamilton Ontario. What You’ll Be Doing: • [...]
The Clerk 1 will work in any number of positions including, but not limited to, chart assembly, chart preparation, records reconciliation, chart/clinic retrievals, clinic cart builds, sorting/filing o [...]
CAREER DESCRIPTION We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual [...]