Reporting directly to the Prince George Branch Manager, the Operations Supervisor is responsible for creatinga zero harm environment, maintaining efficient day-to-day operations, and for the effective supervision ofOperators.
- Ensure on-site operations are conducted in accordance with corporate policies and procedures, within permit conditions and to customer specifications with a significant focus on health and safety.
- Supervise daily operations and provide leadership to the operating team.
- Take a leading role in safety, maintenance and housekeeping in accordance with company andregulatory requirements.
motivate and develop direct reports utilizing Annual Performance Reviews, Job TaskObservations (JTO’s), Vital 9s and Hazard Assessments to reinforce or correct specific behaviors.
- Help to develop production and delivery schedules while maintaining standard costs and managinginventory.
- Monitor and make recommendations regarding improved safety performance.
- Maintain and implement facility standard operating procedures (SOP’s/SWP’s).
- Identify and recommend continuous improvements to processes and procedures.
- Report all incidents, safety infractions, non-compliance issues and participate in the investigation anddevelopment of corrective actions for each.
- Support the site’s Environmental Management System (EMS) and our Occupational Health and Safety(OH&S;) Program.
- Ensure all visitors to the site (Contractors, brokers, etc.) are complying with site and corporate safetypolicies
- Ensure the compliance of all contractors’ site compliance utilizing Field Level hazard Assessments andSafe Work Permits
- Assist the Branch Manager with weekly financial reporting.
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Post-secondary education would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a leadership, managerial or supervisory role.
- Related operational experience preferred with knowledge of waste management and environmentalservices.
- Experience in a union environment is an asset.
- Regulatory or environmental experience an asset.
- Knowledge of production management processes, manufacturing equipment and preventativemaintenance principles.
- Ability to develop safe operating procedures.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, SAP and Ceridian.
- Proven organization, time management and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills and expand knowledge through duties assigned by theBranch Manager.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends, if required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
This is a safety sensitive position. Offers of employment are conditional upon the successful completion of a drug and alcohol test (if applicable).
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are currently looking for a passionate individual with a strong combination of sales and customer care experience, an unwavering drive to impart knowledge through training, create strong and memora [...]
Job Requisition Id: 87404 Business Function: Delivery Agent or Letter Carrier Primary City: Prince George Other Location(s): Province: British Columbia Employment Type: Temporary - New [...]
EXISTING CNC CUPE Employees: For all Administrative postings please disregard the following statement. For CUPE postings please refer to Article 9.01 (d) of the CUPE Collective Agreement to ensure y [...]
Numéro de la demande d’emploi : 87404 Fonction administrative : Agent de livraison ou Facteur Ville principale : Prince George Emplacement(s) supplémentaire(s) : Province : Colombie-Br [...]