Business Systems Analyst
On behalf of our client in the Banking Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Business Systems Analyst.
Business Systems Analyst - Job Description
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Requirements within the EP Project Delivery Group, the main function of the Sr. Business/Systems Analyst is to plan, manage, lead and oversee the end-to-end delivery of business requirements and solution/system requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project in alignment with the business and/or enterprise needs and strategies.
- The Business/Systems Analyst will primarily be responsible for delivering requirements and effective business solutions which support project benefits.
- The Business Analyst will provide leadership and work collaboratively with the stakeholders including business Subject Matter Experts, technology delivery teams, and finance partners to support project benefits and changes to business processes, polices and systems across a single or multiple Lines of Business within the Bank.
- Own the facilitation and end-to-end delivery of business requirements in an agile format of User Stories following within each sprint to maximize business value.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support in defining the business needs, business benefits, or problem/opportunity statements based on strategic drivers and identifying potential solutions.
- Ensure traceability of user stories to the business solution and benefits realization throughout project.
- Apply a variety of elicitation techniques to probe, challenge and understand requirements.
- Proactively identify and track requirements risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, constraints and anticipate & effectively manage risks related to requirements.
- Collaborate with technology partners and provide recommendations to support development of system requirements and design, testing plans, artifacts/deliverables to ensure business needs are met in each sprint
- Identify risks or issues with the prioritization of requirements and the technology design/ solution which may impact realization of project benefits and provide recommendations and support to stakeholders in making decisions to pro-actively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project.
- Support Quality Assurance activities which include review test plan, test cases and provide guidance on testing and defect reporting.
- Support Change Management and overall project readiness activities.
- Contribute to personal and team development of skills and capability through training, mentorship of junior/peer Business Analysts, and contribution to the BA practice.
Business Systems Analyst - Mandatory Skills
- 10+ years of experience that is directly related to the Business Analysis duties and responsibilities specified is a must.
- Demonstrated application of various Business Analysis techniques such as Use Case Modelling, Process Modelling, Gap Analysis, Root Cause Analysis and Advanced Facilitation skills, including leading Requirements Workshops and Structured Walkthroughs is a must.
- Expert knowledge of Requirements Management Life Cycle (RMLC), System Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC), Business Requirements, Business Process Management (BPM) and Business Acceptance Testing (BAT) methodologies is a must.
- Advanced practical experience of Agile and Scrum is a must
- (User stories and detailing them out as much as needed for the project team/POD)
- Business Analysis accreditation (e.g. Certified Business Analysis Professional - CBAP) is an asset or willingness to enroll upon taking on role.
- Advanced problem Solving / Analytical Thinking Skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple initiatives/ projects in parallel.
- Broad business, organizational and operational knowledge across the Enterprise.
- Expert knowledge of business analysis, requirement methodologies, tools, frameworks, best practices and project delivery practices & standards across the project lifecycle.
- Strong project delivery skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing requirements work streams for high-risk, high visibility, large- scale projects.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to positively interact with all levels within the organization.
- Good judgment, understanding of what issues to escalate, what to resolve on your own, make suggestions for possible resolution.
- Advanced Communication skills including superior facilitation, presentation, and negotiating skills.
- Versatile self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with superior attention to detail.
- Superior impact and influence skills to effectively engage and manage complex stakeholder groups.
- Can link project objectives and outcomes to business and enterprise strategies.
- Cloud experience - 2 years
- Agile - 5 years
- Requirements gathering experience
Business Systems Analyst - Nice to Have Skills
- Experience in working with Azure cloud programs or projects is an asset
- A University or post-Graduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Project or Program Management, or a related discipline is an asset.
- 10+ years of experience in a variety of projects on multidisciplinary teams is an asset.
- Exposure to Organizational Change Management (OCM) methodology is an asset.
- Exposure to Agile and Waterfall methodologies is an asset.
- Banking or FI experience
Business Systems Analyst - Assignment Start Date
ASAP - 12 months to start
Business Systems Analyst - Assignment Location
Toronto, ON - Working Remotely
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst at our Head Office in Toronto, ON. In this role you will be responsible for financial reporting and analysis of Adecco Group results in Canada. You wil [...]
Job Description: We are Canada Life Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future su [...]
What is the opportunity? Are you interested in the opportunity to work as a Security Analyst Student? By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for multiple roles available across RB [...]
What is the opportunity? Are you interested in the opportunity to work as a Business Systems Analyst Student? By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for multiple roles available a [...]