Diamond Integrated Marketing
POSITION: VP, Digital
REPORTS TO: Chief Client Officer
What is Diamond?
We’re a strategic, creative and client-focused led group of people working hand in hand to solve problems for some really great brands – among other things. We always look ahead – changing and evolving as the industry changes. We love problems above channels. Insights above fads. And creativity above all else.
We’ve challenged ourselves to build an organization that operates much like an enterprise start-up. Enterprise in the way we operate, think, govern:
there’s a fine balance in that we want to retain our start-up DNA which is to relentlessly focus on quality and client satisfaction where we’re always embracing change; from our clients, the industry and within the four walls of our operation.
As part of our pursuit, we have embraced and adopted the RACI matrix for how we govern. This model ensures there’s clarity in everything we do and how we do it.
Some of the things we do:
Brand Strategy + Advertising + Social Media + Digital + Content + Experiential + Sponsorship + Events +Influencer + Promotions + Design + Insights + Marketing Automation
The position reports to the Chief Client Officer with a dotted-line responsibility to the Chief Operating Officer and will have direct reports overseeing and building a digital practice (with access to resources from other CoEs) at Diamond.
In this role - you will bring your deep digital channel and media knowledge and capabilities and apply that to growing our client’s business (and ours as a result). You will have direct accountability for bringing subject matter expertise in creating best-in-class digital communications (inbound/outbound), marketing (social/content), and branding for our clients - with an understanding of the strategic and technical demands of digital marketing. This includes having expertise in media, performance, analytics and ROI.
This is a hands-on role and you’ll be supported by an ELT committed to building upon Diamond’s existing digital successes and capabilities, as well as access to a cross-functional agency team that excels in strategy, creative, and production.
We’re looking for an ambitious digital marketer who will be responsible for building and leading the digital team. This is a high-impact role, as you will be asked to be a digital problem-solver and a steward of the Diamond process that delivers an engaging customer experience across all branded touchpoints. This role requires extensive digital experience, strong management and presentation skills, and a passion for delivering results - as well as an ability to engage agency resources in the execution of a common goal.
You’ve been in and out of agencies and understand how to collaborate with in-house client-side agencies - with this you’ll know how to architect from the ground up maximizing both art and science (brand and performance).
You have experience in building and growing performance-driven digital media capabilities including SEM, social and display channels, while guiding the organization to results. You will be responsible for engaging other Diamond CoEs as a part of your “team,” as well as building out your own dedicated team of digital marketing leads. You should have experience in leading teams of various levels of experience and marshalling them towards a common goal.
This role will support the organization as we advance towards an integrated omni-channel, data-driven marketing model, with an astute analytical viewpoint on consumer touchpoints across traditional and digital media as we engage with our unique and relevant consumers.
- Lead (and build) a cross-functional team of digital marketers in the development and implementation of traffic-increasing, revenue-generating, and brand-building digital marketing initiatives - including paid media, website, social media and marketing automation
- Lead the digital development of insight-driven pitches, proposals, and points of view; multichannel campaign strategies; and tactical plans that satisfy the business goals of our clients
- Institute and promote data-based multi-channel marketing approach: regularly review marketing plans, response rates, attendee demographics, and industry best practices to ensure marketing efforts are effective, efficient and successful, making recommendations and adjustments as appropriate (ongoing optimization)
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in strategic marketing communications, including developments and best practices in online marketing and analytics.
- Know how to leverage audience targets, analytics data, digital trends, user behaviours, competitive audits, and asset/experience evaluations to inform the marketing approach
- Collaborate with Strategy, Accounts/Project management, Creative and Production to ensure that all digital work is as strong as possible, reflective of Diamond’s larger “omni-channel” belief, and effectively integrated within larger marketing programs
- Innovate and collaborate with key marketing partners (e.g. Google, Facebook, etc.) and others to help drive innovation throughout every aspect of the digital operation with the ultimate goal to enhance/personalize the consumer’s experience and deliver the best possible branded experience
- Contribute to the evolving digital philosophies and methodologies at the agency
- Educate clients and internal teams on evolving best practices and the impact of sound digital marketing
- Provide thought leadership in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Be an active member of Diamond’s SLT
Digital Campaign Development and Execution Management:
- Leverage campaign ideas to work in the digital space
- Lead the development of acquisition- and conversion-based (where relevant) digital campaigns that act as extensions to, or replacements of, existing (often live) activations
- Collaborate with Strategy, Creative and Production CoEs to ensure we deliver consistent and resonant messaging across all online performance channels
- Implement acquisition and conversion-based campaigns across paid social, search, email and display
- Provide recommendations and execute/manage strategies for content deployment across channels, in coordination with SEO & SEM goals
- Drive optimization and innovation by using customer data and key industry trends to guide focus and prioritize new channels
- Drive the development and execution of personas and customer journeys with the goal to increase attendance and revenue through innovative and compelling campaigns that drive awareness and engagement
- Develop measurement plans with customized KPIs necessary to track big picture success and alignment with strategy
- Develop strategies for content monetization and manage their implementation
- Ensure ongoing year-over-year audience growth
- Use client segmentation and institutional client journeys to drive digital content optimization efforts to improve conversion rates, user experience and SEO
- Provide data-driven recommendations to internal teams by looking at both holistic and channel-level performance to improve the quality of users and time on site
- Focus on site navigation optimizations to ensure consistency with messaging on site and creative messaging for digital marketing efforts
- Use customer data and insights to drive a targeted approach to achieve client objectives (i.e. customer acquisition, increase ROI, and improve LTV)
- Design of acquisition and conversion-based campaigns across paid social, search, email and display.
- Develop strategies for the optimization of online performance marketing (Paid Social, Email, SEM, SEO, Display and Video).
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years of marketing experience, ideally in a client-facing role in an agency environment, as well as team and people management experience.
- Experience in lifecycle and life-stage marketing is essential
- Strong understanding and/or experience with all digital channels and how to architect experiences which use a multitude of channels at the same time
- Creative and critical thinking (problem-solving skills) that leverage both quantitative data analytics and qualitative design and tools
- Demonstrated ability to use data systematically to develop relevant insights and influence decision making, particularly through data visualization tools
- Self-motivated with quantifiable success in marketing and/or retaining and growing client portfolios.
- Strong understanding of marketing and business principles
- Proven success leading team-based projects
- Strong understanding of the current media landscape (especially digital and social) and understand how to apply that understanding to holistic and integrated solutions for brands.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills: time-management, working to critical paths, budgeting, delegating, facilitating meetings, multitasking, attention to detail, follow-up, etc.
- Firm understanding of UX principles
- Can transform research data into actionable customer insights
- Love building relationships and getting to know your clients!
- Entrepreneurial/Start-up Experience - experienced the challenge, and thrill, of building a brand or business from the beginning, or have a passion for transformation
- Experience successfully managing large and small scale online operations; additionally, strong attention to the user experience, cross channel digital journeys and oversight developing both strategic and tactical digital plans for an online operation (be it stand-alone or blended as a portfolio)
- Passion for Digital - a strong, deep passion for everything digital and mobile. As they are the most disruptive innovations across the globe, thriving in an ever-changing, highly demanding, unsettled environment, 24/7 this is critical
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
If you are a pro-active individual interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to [email protected] Marketing Coordinator - Toronto, ON Reporting to the Vice President of Mark [...]
About This Position Though 2020 certainly turned out differently than any of us expected it to, Juno has remained committed to its purpose of helping young people get ahead. We’ve managed to not [...]
BACKGROUND As of September, the Canadian Innovation Exchange (CIX) has announced that Reformulary Group has been nominated as a Top 20 startup and a Top 10 Growth company! Founded in 2011, Refo [...]
Role Context: Our team is tasked with driving growth and acquisition for the Koodo brand. As an essential stakeholder of the TELUS Postpaid team, your portfolio is an always on role where you can s [...]