What is the opportunity?
Are you interested in joining a diverse and collaborative environment where you will have the opportunity to learn continuously and develop professionally? Are you excited by the opportunity to develop relationships with research professionals, institutional investors and other capital markets individuals in Canada and abroad? Are you looking for a competitive total rewards program?
Your primary focus will be to support the Mining Analyst by providing fundamental analysis of companies in the Mining sector, specializing in precious metals mining equity and commodity research.
What will you do?
- Develop and enhance detailed company specific and industry macro financial models
- Maintain and develop sector specific databases and presentations
- Maintain relationships with coverage companies, investors and others internally within Capital Markets
- Analyze financial statements, company specific information and industry specific data
- Assist with writing research notes and sector reports
What do you need to succeed?
- An undergraduate degree with a focus on Applied Science (Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science) or Business (Finance, Accounting, Economics)
- A CA/CMA, MBA, CFA designation or CFA exam enrollment is preferred
- Efficient writing capabilities
- Strong computer skills (Excel) with ability to quickly learn new platforms
- Detail oriented with solid analytical skills and ability to synthesize data points into trends beyond the mainstream
- Energetic, self-motivated and an ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Process oriented with the ability to learn quickly on the job
- Demonstrated passion for equity/financial markets
Previous experience in the natural resources/extractive sector or Research related role an asset
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
- Opportunities to learn continuously and develop professionally
- Opportunities to build close relationships with coverage companies, investors and others internally within Capital Markets
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 200 Bay Street
Work Hours/Week: 37.5+
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: CM – Associate
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 11/23/2020
Req ID: 290966
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Number: J1120-0853 Job Title: Registered Nurse - GEN Emergency Department Department: Emergency Job Category: Nursing Hospital Location: General Job Type: Temporary Full Time Contract Durati [...]
The Perioperative Support Assistant (PSA) provides support and assistance to members of the Perioperative Team and their patients under the direction of the RN/MD. The PSA contributes to the efficient [...]
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Admin Assistant to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Clinical Leader/Manager - Diabetes, Kidney Transplant and Ophthalmology and [...]
The Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC) of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute is an exciting new Academic Research Organization (ARO) that provides clinical study project coordination and data mana [...]