Danby Products Ltd.
Are you someone who enjoys crunching numbers? We are searching for a highly analytical, detail oriented, go-getter with a passion for Accounting!
If this sounds like you, keep reading!
The Accounts Receivable Associate (A/R) is responsible for administering claims, refunds, adjustments, and any other accounting transactions related to A/R management. The A/R Associate will also assist in the reconciliation of dealer and major accounts including researching and resolving any claims for customer deductions, maintaining all account information, and processing requests for credit.
Collaborate with the Credit Manager and fellow A/R personnel to maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels.
- Communicate with internal/external sales representatives and accounting/returns personnel as necessary to compile adequate documented paperwork to reconcile transactions.
- Receive, review and research claims for deductions submitted by customers.
- Review and reconcile customer payments for eventual ‘cash application posting’ to general ledgers.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and prepare information for subsequent ‘cash application posting’.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
Employ collection strategies to mitigate customer objections to making timely A/R payments.
- Investigate collection problems and advise customers on corporate A/R policies and procedures.
- Make arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts, and identify ‘delinquent accounts’ for possible placement of 3RD Party collection as necessary.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance plus 3-5 years of experience in Accounts Receivable and general bookkeeping or equivalent experience
- CCP Designation is an asset
- Strong knowledge of collection regulations, fair credit practices, account reconciliation procedures and the ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Strong problem solving ability, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to handle late payments and delinquent accounts
- Strong proficiency in MS Word and Excel and NetSuite (ERP) software
Danby was established over 70 years ago with a humble vision of creating truly innovative appliances that would offer big product features for small space living. Like you, we've moved with the times by continually evolving the functionality and innovative features of our products, so not only do they look good, they’re built great too.
Our products are marketed under several brand names, including: Danby, Danby Designer, Danby Diplomat, Danby Premiere, Silhouette, and MicroFridge, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will be a part of a company where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Connect Tech Inc. is looking for an experienced and motivated Manufacturing Operations Manager to oversee our hardware production operations and to supervise our manufacturing team. You will work alon [...]
JOB TITLE: Get Connected Coordinator PROGRAM AREA: Community Development EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Contract, Temporary HOURS/WEEK: Hours to be determined based on funding, potentially up to 28 hours per w [...]
POSITION: Retail Brand Ambassador DIVISION: Global Tools & Storage REPORTS TO: Field Marketing Coordinator National Manager LOCATION: Home Office, London, Kitchener, Waterloo or Guelph ON [...]
Position Summary: Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health is a community-centered agency dedicated to preventing disease, promoting the well-being of individuals, and protecting the health of the r [...]