Scope of the job:
As a Terrain Park Groomer, you are responsible for the safe operation of the grooming machine as well as the daily grooming operation of the Grouse Mountain Terrain Parks. Under direct supervision from the Senior Groomers and the Mountain Operations Duty Manager, Terrain Park Groomers maintain terrain park features, build snow roads and lift ramps, and maintain the sleigh route and snow shoe trails; while working closely with the Snowmaking depatment to maintain proper snowpack around the hill.
- Grooming and maintaining of Terrain Parks
- Grooming of downhill runs
- Road building
- Lift Ramps
- Staging and crowd control area building and maintenance
- Snow removal around all buildings and areas
- Groom snowshoe trails
- Filling out maintenance and operational logs
- Regular Cleaning and some maintenance of snow cats
- Special event preparation: i.e. races, snowboard events, snow sculptures
- Maintain sleigh route
- Work closely with snowmaking department to maintain proper snowpack on our runs
- Other duties as required
This position reports directly to the Mountain Operations Duty Manager, with no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Three years’ grooming experience with at least one season of grooming terrain parks preferred
- Avid snowboarder or skier who rides/skis terrain parks regularly and is at a high level
- Previous snowmaking experience an asset
- Experience operating heavy duty machinery an asset
- Must be able to work unsupervised and co-operate with others
- Must be dependable and in good physical condition and able to work in adverse environmental conditions
- Terrain Park Groomers perform some of their duties outdoors and may work in all different kinds of weather conditions.
- Hours of operation are weather dependent. Due to the nature of the business, this position requires flexibility in terms of your work schedule. A variety of work schedules may include rotation of shifts, day/evening shifts, graveyard shifts, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Shifts require siting for long periods of time, lifting, twisting, shoveling, and other forms of manual tasks.
Innovative. Nature-Loving. Safe. Passionate. Inspiring. Real. Entrepreneurial. Other details
- Pay Type Hourly
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares [...]
Staff - Union Job Category: CUPE 2950 Job Title: Academic Systems and Services Clerk Department: SAS Support 2 | Student Academic Services | Dean's Office, Faculty of Graduate and Po [...]
Vancouver – Job # 3888 Summary: Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operat [...]
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients. At CIBC, we embrace your s [...]