Horizon Health Network
RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Night; Rotating, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides quality patient care within the scope of professional practice to patients and families during the medical as well as the surgical pre and post-operative experience. The successful candidate participates in the delivery of care to medical, palliative, rehabilitative, surgical, alternative level of care and pediatric patients along with performing other duties as assigned. The successful candidate may be reassigned throughout the department as required.
- Active registration with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Demonstrates clinical competency, communication and team building skills
- Demonstrates assessment skills and ability to function independently
- Demonstrates ability to respond to emergency situations, rapidly changing priorities and complex patient care needs
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment and decision making abilities that contribute to positive health outcomes
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy
- Quality work record
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Submits a current resume
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
- Identifies patient needs and collaborates with other staff in meeting these needs.
- Administers treatments and medications as ordered by medical staff.
- Observes, records, and evaluates patient’s progress.
- Provides a comfortable, orderly, clean and safe environment for patients and staff.
- Supervises techniques and care given by other team members
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding all aspects of the work.
- Assists in teaching patients, subordinate and new staff.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies are properly used and maintained.
- Identifies patient’s needs and develops, revises and utilizes appropriate nursing care plans assuring optimal nursing care to all patients.
- Willing to accept additional education and training as needed to provide quality care to a changing patient population
- Works closely with other hospital departments, and assists in other units, in response to changes in workload to provide adequate coverage in all areas.
- Assumes responsibility for upgrading their own education to ensure current knowledge of nursing theory and practice (including current CPR recertification).
- Responsible for identifying areas to improve upon or incidents through Horizon Health Network’s Healthcare Incident Reporting System (HIRS)
- Participates with staff meetings.
- Participates in committee work as required.
- Actively participates in the ongoing enhancement of services and care provided to patients on the unit
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Forklift Operators - Manufacturing /Industrial – Waterville, NS Do you love operating heavy machinery? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Are you interested in working with [...]
Qualifications: - Class 1 driver's license - Minimum 5 years of safe driving experience - Positive and enthusiastic attitude - Clean driver's abstract - Excellent written and verbal communi [...]
Waterville Subway is looking for new team members! - 25-30 hours a week - able to work days,evenings and weekends If your able to work in a fast pace environment, comfortable working on your ow [...]
PRINCIPALES FONCTIONS Sous la supervision du contremaître, le journalier effectue diverses tâches reliées à la production en fonction des besoins opérationnels, le tout en respectant procédure [...]