David Aplin Group
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a Senior Business Analyst based in Alberta. This is a remote position - once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, the position can be in Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta.
What You'll Be Involved In...
The Integrated Learning Environment (ILE) is a large transformation program that re-imagines the learner experience.
The program includes full redesign and implementation of processes across the learner experience, underpinned by a new technology platform. Based on D2L and Ellucian products,
the Integrated Learning Environment platform is centralized around the replacement of the existing Information System and Learning Management System (LMS, and introduction of a single comprehensive Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution.
The ILE Senior Business Analyst's role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders through the production of requirements documentation and deliverables.
The ILE Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for conducting functional reviews with stakeholders from different business areas and divisions, gather and analyze requirements, document business processes, and requirements, and create or assist in the development of process maps of current and future state.
This position works closely with other AU business analysts, members of the Digital Transformation team, IT Project Managers, the IT Directors, and decision-makers in other departments as well as business clients including administrative staff, and other stakeholders.
The position operates under the supervision of the Digital Transformation Architect's mandate to support business process definition and change.
The ILE Senior Business Analyst deals with confidential information relating to the current and future business processes, requirements management, and strategic documents.
Here's How Your Day Might Look…
- Responsible for Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, Business Process Modeling and Business Analysis with Document and Records Management for their system
- Analyze and document current state workflow, process flow documentation, and verification of existing processes with a variety of subject matter experts
- Organize and Document Use Cases, Business Rules, and Functional Requirements for all system functionalities and ensured that critical requirements are not missed
- Conduct interviews and product analysis to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Develop and utilize standard templates to write requirement specifications accurately and concisely
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team
- Development of the Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios to be used in testing based on Business Requirements, technical specifications, and/or product knowledge
Is This You?
- Over 7+ Years of Professional Experience as a Business Analyst with Project Management Skills working with Education domains
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems
- Business analyst certification (such as IIBA, PBA-PMI, IQBBA, or IREB based certifications) preferred
- Worked with Ellucian's Banner ERP system or similar would be highly beneficial
- Experience with Business Process Modelling Notation, and/or other formal business process systems
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Experience developing collaborative relationships on projects with internal and external constituents
- Knowledge and experience with any other higher education software such as Degree Works would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team
- Responsible for maintaining multiple SharePoint sites/pages and documents library
- Assist with project planning and completing ad hoc change management activities
- Other duties as assigned
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Deborah Dodd, Senior Partner, Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Sales Associate Company Bio Come... Enjoy... Work in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Located on the Tsuut’ina First Nation, Grey Eagle Resort & Casino is Calgary’s number one entertainmen [...]
Position: Leasing Agent Job No. 2020105 Job Type: Full-time Permanent Start Date: Immediately Salary and Allowance: Competitive Market Salary, Leasing Bonus and Car Allowance Benefits: - 50% R [...]
RWDI is an engineering consulting firm specializing in the science of buildings and structures. We blend technical excellence with a creative approach to almost everything. We work hard and get result [...]
SKYSERVICE AVIATION D’AFFAIRES Skyservice est le chef de file canadien de l’aviation d’affaires. Établis sur les principes clés de sécurité et de service, nous offrons une expérience de se [...]