Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism, and Culture Industries.
Are you interested in playing a role in conserving Ontario's cultural heritage?
The Heritage, Tourism and Culture Division, requires your specialized knowledge and skills in the field of archaeology to provide professional and technical advice on heritage resource conservation in Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- review, analyze, evaluate and comment on archaeological reports and development proposals to ensure effective conservation of Ontario's cultural heritage
- review, monitor and comment on reports to determine archaeological licence compliance
- provide professional and technical advice to licensed archaeologists,
consultants and key internal and external stakeholders
- assess archaeological resource issues and recommend mitigation approaches
- resolve disputes between stakeholder groups
- contribute to the assessment, development and review of ministry and branch programs, guidelines, standards and practices in archaeological and heritage conservation
Note: Travel will be required on an occasional basis.
How do I qualify?
You must have a valid class 'G' driver's licence or equivalent, as recognized by the Province of Ontario. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof that s/he has a valid driver's licence upon being hired.
- You have knowledge of land archaeology and cultural heritage resource conservation and management theories, principles, practices and techniques to level required when obtaining an Archaeology licence in Ontario.
- You can apply archaeology theories, principles, best practices and licensing processes to provide expertise in the preparation of licence reports.
- You have experience in Ontario's archaeological consulting industry and knowledge of provincial archaeological licensing and review processes.
- You understand the needs and process of research and avocational archaeology to provide technical advice and consultation to key stakeholders.
- You have knowledge of the Ontario Heritage Act and related legislation that provide the legislative framework for the conservation of Ontario's heritage resources.
Evaluative and analytical skills:
- You have knowledge of Ontario's archaeological history in order to critically review archaeological assessment and mitigation work.
- You can interpret and apply Ontario's land archaeological records, the Ontario Heritage Act, related legislation (i.e. the 2011 Standards and Guidelines for Consultant Archaeologists).
Communication and presentation skills:
- You can develop presentations for clients, stakeholders and senior managers.
- You can prepare archaeological reports, research publications, and provide technical input on ministry Cabinet submissions.
- You can deliver training and explain complex analysis and research to a wide audience
Negotiation and mediation skills:
- You can facilitate consensus building and resolve compliance issues.
- You can plan and complete formal negotiation sessions using knowledge of negotiation and mediation theory and processes.
- You have knowledge of information and record management systems and practices (e.g., PastPort, SharePoint).
- You are proficient using spreadsheet, presentation, word processing and database software to create customized reports, letters, statistical displays and spreadsheets.
- 2 Permanent, 401 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Architecture and Archaeology
Friday, October 30, 2020
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position Summary Nous recrutons un conseilleur de vente afin d'offrir à nos clients une expérience, authentique et personnalisée et d'atteindre nos objectifs de vente. En qualité de conseiller de [...]
As one of our talented sales advisors you will provide welcoming, authentic and personalized service to our customers in order to achieve all customer service and sales targets. With your passion for [...]
Intermediate Business Intelligence Analyst NexgenRx Inc NexgenRx is a fast paced and exciting place to work where the opportunities are endless to use and develop your skills and talents and it is g [...]
Fickle Pickle Restaurant is looking for an experienced Full-time Line Cook to become part of our team. This is a good opportunity for someone who is looking for a full-time permanent position in a fam [...]