Hotel Dieu Hospital
The Research Data Coordinator (RDC) will be primarily responsible for liaising with internal/external contacts and research study participants to obtain and ensure research data is accurate and entered in a timely manner. The RDC is also responsible for responding to any data queries and any other research/trial related duty assigned. Within this role, the RDC works collaboratively with the research team to ensure all aspects of the research studies that are essential to ensure human subject protection and reliability of trial results are in compliance with applicable policies, procedures and regulations.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston General Hospital strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Employee will adhere to the worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times. Where possible, take corrective action to address a hazard, otherwise report the unresolved hazard, dangerous circumstance, unsafe situation to self, other co-workers or the community, to their supervisor. Should the employee suffer a workplace injury or illness, he/she will advise their supervisor; actively participate in identifying and resolving the underlying cause(s), and participates in early and safe return to work as per Workplace Safety & Insurance Act.
- Understands and is familiar with all pertinent KGH policies and procedures including those relating to workplace conduct. Complies with the KGH Commitment to uphold the Workplace Conduct and Reporting of Inappropriate Conduct policy and behaves in a manner that is consistent with the guiding principles and expectations.
- Liaises with internal and external contacts (e.g. Investigators, research team members, and outside health professionals such as family doctors and other healthcare organizations) to obtain and verify information on test(s) results, side effects, or status of the research study participants, as needed in preparation for research data entry.
- Review of clinical and research charts in order to identify data, including test results and medical reports, required to be entered, accurately verified and submitted in research study electronic data capture (EDC) systems and/or paper-based case report forms (CRFs) in timely manner. If required, anonymization of source documents, DICOM images or other information must be double-checked prior to submission
- Investigate and accurately respond to data queries received from external agencies on previously submitted research data, including any following up actions outlined in monitoring/audit visit letters. Identify and notify the research sponsor of corrections required with data entries errors made by the sponsor (Eg. incorrect laboratory test ranges, etc.)
- Provide input and participate in internal quality assurance programs and provide a variety of administrative and clerical support services including, but not limited to, preparing for monitoring, audit and inspection visits.
- 3 yr post-secondary diploma or degree in a health/science related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Courses must have included: Anatomy/Physiology and Medical Terminology
- A minimum of 3 years of investigational drug clinical research data entry experience within the last 5 years.
- Proficiency in Medical terminology
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Windows based applications, including Keyboarding of 40 wpm on test, Word (Level 1), Excel (Level 1), Internet Explorer and Outlook
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical charting and health record systems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload appropriately
- Ability to manage several research studies and complete work in a multi-task, multidisciplinary area, and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously, and tactfully and cope with emotional situations
- Ability to provide high attention to detail to ensure accuracy and adherence to operating procedure requirements including meeting multiple deadlines as specified.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work regularly
The applicant must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
DESCRIPTION : The Research Data Coordinator (RDC) will be primarily responsible for liaising with internal/external contacts and research study participants to obtain and ensure research data is acc [...]
DESCRIPTION: The Research Data Coordinator (RDC) will be primarily responsible for liaising with internal/external contacts and research study participants to obtain and ensure research data is accu [...]
DESCRIPTION: The Research Coordinator (RC) will be responsible for non-interventional type research studies (not limited to registry, questionnaire, blood/tissue collection and/or pragmatic trials) [...]
Title: Research Data Coordinator Department: Cancer Clinical Research Position Number: 50060813 Hours of work: Temporary Full-Time Position (approximately 8 months) Rotating Shifts: 0700-1500, 073 [...]