Mission to Our Employees:
Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, Teladoc Health directly delivers millions of medical visits across 175 countries each year through the Teladoc Health Medical Group and enables millions of patient and provider touchpoints for thousands of hospitals, health systems and physician practices globally. Ranked #1 among direct-to-consumer telehealth providers in the J.D. Power 2019 U.S. Telehealth Satisfaction Study and Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms for 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and real-time insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers, healthcare professionals,
employers and health plans.
We are committed to providing our Employees with a dynamic and collaborative work environment; there is equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged. Above all, our mission-oriented employees will be treated with the same attention, respect, values and care that we provide to our clients and members.
The Mental Health Member Advocate is a key player on a cross-functional team comprised of medical coordinators and regulated healthcare professionals including nurses, psychiatrists and psychologists that is responsible for the delivery of clinical support and case management for members with mental health illnesses and/or symptoms. The Mental Health Member Advocate will ensure clinical quality and the highest level of member satisfaction while working directly with the member to implement and measure progress against action plans.
Additional Details About the Role:
- Serve as the concierge for members during their Mental Health Navigator program participation, ensuring the highest possible member experience and proactive communication on case progression and next steps.
- Receive Warm Transfers from the call centre for members needing immediate attention.
- Obtain a comprehensive health history by leading members through a systematic and dynamic intake assessment to capture all relevant data about their current condition and health history.
- Conduct preliminary intake and psychological inventories/tests as directed by psychology and psychiatry experts on Teladoc team.
- Support expediting procurement of member medical records.
- Schedule treatment action plan discussions between members and Teladoc clinicians.
- Work with members to implement the treatment action plan recommended in expert clinician reports, identifying best path to care as recommended in expert report.
- Support Teladoc clinicians with a variety of other tasks as needed.
- Meet defined service standards for speed of case progression, overall quality, and member satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with privacy legislation such as the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) at all times.
- Ensure clear and thorough documentation within each case.
- Provide training and education to members, third party and internal partners on a variety of subjects, from administrative tasks such as how to use video conferencing tools to more indepth topics, such as how the Mental Health Navigator program works.
- Assist in building the company’s network of quality mental health community resources and partners.
- Liaise with third party partners to ensure a seamless case management process with measurable outcomes and metrics.
- Perform other duties, as directed .
To Succeed in This Role You Will Need:
- Experience working in the mental/behavioral health field and knowledge of the mental health system.
- 5+ years’ experience in a professional office environment required; hospital, physician practice, or other medical environment preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in both physical and mental health, psychosocial issues, mood disorders and respective treatment plans, prevention and functional aspects of disability, assessment methods and techniques.
- Advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills
- Exceptional networker or resourceful researcher (i.e. identifying partners, providers, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to manage cases and multiple projects in parallel.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and demonstrate competence in performance of the facilitator/care coordinator role, case management, clinical assessment and intervention and documentation of care.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, problem-solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and critical thinking abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant policies and legislation surrounding mental health.
- Overall expert knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system.
- Advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills.
- Ability to work independently but recognize when escalation is warranted.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment in a growing company with expanding service lines and client base.
- Proficiency using technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Social Work/Nursing is preferred and in good standing with governing College.
Compensation & Company Benefits (Here is some of the good stuff):
- Very competitive salary starting at $65,000 CAD & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- RRSP & DPSP - 5% match vested immediately
- 15 days paid vacation + 10 paid holidays
- Awesome people to work with
- Becoming a part of a movement in telemedicine and building something that matters
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Your Opportunity: The Bassano Health Centre is an acute care, and continuing care facility. Core programs at the Bassano Health Centre include 24-hour emergency, medicine, ambulatory care services, p [...]
Your Opportunity: The NST is a team of RN’s and LPN’s that support patients from birth to 18 years of age. The NST team gives our nurses the opportunity to be orientated and able to work on Unit [...]
Your Opportunity: The successful candidate will be required to coordinate the delivery of nursing care for the sick and critically ill neonate. The nurse will participate in family teaching and provi [...]
Your Opportunity: The Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES) is a service providing holistic assessment within a recovery model framework of patients in Psychiatric or Psychosocial Crisis presenting to [...]