Toronto Transit Commission
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America's third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC's vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC's recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing "a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy." KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performing varied and complex scheduled/unscheduled maintenance work involving troubleshooting, installation, maintenance, repair and renovation work on plumbing fixtures, heating, drainage, air,
water, grease, glycol, lube oil, transmission oil, and windshield washer fluid lines located at all TTC properties
- Testing of plumbing systems to determine area and type of operational fault, performance of corrective action, testing to ensure correct operation
- Demonstrates behaviours that support diversity, inclusion, and a respectful work and service environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Helps to remove barriers and accommodate employees and customers (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with TTC's commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and TTC's policies.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Possession of a valid Certificate of Qualification as a Plumber, normally obtained through Grade 12 education, plus the successful completion of the apprenticeship training program for the Plumbing trade
- Must be able to comprehend verbal and written instructions
- Possession of a valid, non-probationary, Province of Ontario, class “G” driver’s license
- As required under Ontario Regulation 490/09, of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, selected candidates must successfully satisfy a pre-employment medical examination, test fitting and training for breathing respirators in order to be considered for this job
- As a successful bidder, you will be required to attend and successfully complete the Operations Training Centre Department’s instruction for truck drivers and pass the written and practical tests required for a Class "D" Driver's Licence, Subway/SRT Rule Book and WHMIS Certification
- As directed by management, required to attend and successfully complete various training programs specific to the Plumbing trade
- Required to provide a set of tools as per the established tool list
- A copy of your valid Plumber Certificate of Qualification (306-A) must be submitted with your application
The TTC is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, anti-racism and inclusion in the delivery of its services and in its workplaces. The TTC is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities it serves at all levels of the organization, and supports an inclusive environment where diverse employee and community perspectives and experiences bring value to the organization. The TTC encourages applications from all applicants, including members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and people from the LGBTQ(IA+) community. The TTC values and supports an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Accommodations for applicants are available upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process, including for those who identify as having a disability.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a reputable CLAC / non-union Mechanical Contractor in the GTA West area! A growing mechanical contractor that is now investing for their future is looking for a [...]
Our client is a growing non-union mechanical contractor based in the Hamilton area that specializes in high-end design build services for commercial plumbing and HVACR. Currently, this group is in gro [...]
A reputable mechanical non-union contractor in the Toronto / Mississauga area is looking to add an experienced Foreman. This contractor is highly respected locally and has a focus on healthcare and ma [...]
Apply for position Plumber/Maintenance Technician (201250) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 6/24/2020 9:53:54 AM We currently have a Regular Full-Time position for an Plumber/Maintenance Technician in [...]