As a respected member of the senior leadership team, the Vice President will shape the development and delivery of the National Sales business strategy for the Personal Insurance (PI) and Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) portfolios for the broker business, reporting to the Senior Vice President, Personal Insurance. The leader will influence business colleagues across multiple functions including Underwriting Operations, Portfolio Management, Pricing and Product to support the National Sales strategy and its goals and objectives.
The leader has accountability for achieving national sales targets for the PI and SME business and managing all the national broker relationships across a broker network of over 700 Broker Partners with the exception of Quebec. This role will also be responsible for leading Marketing and Communications for the entire broker business. This role will work closely with RSA’s Senior Vice President, Commercial Insurance who is accountable for the commercial insurance business including Global Specialty Lines and RSA’s Vice President of SME.
Who you are
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers’ expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
What you will achieve in this role
The team consists of direct reports and an extended team of sales and regional portfolio management professionals across Western Canada and Eastern Canada including Ontario but excluding Quebec. The Broker Marketing and Communications team also falls under the responsibility of the role and includes direct reports.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Accountability for the largest and most significant broker partners including provincial and national broker associations with PI and SME.
• Develop and lead the sales strategies for PI and SME to ensure its successful delivery of the business strategy and the annual operations plan with a focus on profitable growth. This role has overall accountability for the national sales targets for both PI and SME.
• Lead a “best in class” sales practice for the Regional Sales Teams.
• Define and embed the required standards of sales effectiveness and best practices, and sponsor the associated training and development needed to achieve the sales strategy and to maintain competitive advantage.
• Create and nurture a sales community and culture across the two key regions of Western and Eastern Canada to drive collaboration and a shared sense of purpose nationally.
• Work closely with the Vice President of SME and National Programs to understand the sales and distribution strategy for SME and ensure alignment on the strategic goals and objectives with respect to the premium plan.
• Work closely with the Pricing and Portfolio Management teams to develop competitive pricing strategies across the regions that facilitate both growth and profitability goals for PI and SME.
• Work collaboratively with the Vice President of National Operations to address broker servicing or underwriting operations issues that challenge opportunities for profitable growth.
• Work closely with the Vice President of National Distribution and Specialty Operations to jointly drive deeper penetration with these key broker partners.
• Partner with the Vice President of Corporate Development who has responsibilities for broker remuneration and broker MI and analytics.
• Influence internal and external business strategies, sharing and gaining buy-in to the sales strategy and maximizing sales and business performance by engaging with RSA executives and market influencers.
• Direct the delivery of the sales strategy and the achievement of agreed targets for PI and SME; communicate associated accountabilities to leaders, agreeing associated sales & marketing plans and KPIs and take appropriate actions to drive performance excellence.
• Establish and ensure effective management of systems for sales pipelines, account and bid management including Salesforce.
• Lead and motivate sales leaders and the wider community to ensure delivery of the required standards of excellence in sales performance now and in the future and support the continuing personal and professional development of all community members.
• Identify and develop talent in the sales leadership team for PI and SME and the wider community, where appropriate facilitating their deployment to other parts of the Group to further their personal development.
• Lead and co-ordinate RSA's strategy with their brokers & other key partners, ensuring effective account plans are developed and implemented across the Group. Also responsible for relationships between the RSA executive and senior management of those brokers.
• Lead the implementation of Group initiatives across the sales community for Personal and SME Insurance.
What you bring to this role
• At least 15 years of increasingly senior sales and underwriting leadership experience in a large, matrixed national or multinational corporation.
• Extensive experience in the Canadian personal insurance and SME broker market a requirement.
• Management of substantial multi-level sales organization with full top line accountability.
• Experience nurturing senior relationships with key customers, intermediaries and internal stakeholders.
• Extensive broker network across Canada.
• A consistent track record of driving the team to achieve revenue and cost targets.
• A proven change agent who has successfully implemented or embedded change to a sales organization.
• Experience contributing to the development and delivery of business unit strategy.
• A politically astute, impact player, able to effectively communicate their vision to stakeholders with confidence and maturity.
• A charismatic leader with proven abilities building high performance teams.
• Sets high expectations, is service-driven, customer-centric and interested in the growth and development of their team, and will lead in a manner consistent with company core values.
• Proactive, decisive, and capable of operating in an evolving environment where changing priorities must be juggles with timely responses to customers' needs.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Extremely flexible and enjoys working in a changing environment.
• Has the potential and desire for succession within the organization.
• An undergraduate degree. FCIP designation an asset. MBA is desirable.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Location: Wine Rack #319- 139 Roncesvalles Ave, Toronto, M6R 2L2 Job Description: Are you passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience? Do you enjoy working with a team in a fu [...]
SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products in markets throughout Canada, the United States, around the world… and we’re still growing. We’ve got a Head [...]
Content Coordinator montreal Toronto, Ontario, Canada Please note that this position is fully remote and the candidate can be located anywhere in Canada. Do you want to experience the essence of [...]
Location: 5095 Yonge St, North York, Ontario, M2N 6Z4 The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you. Why is thi [...]