Reporting to the Supervisor, this position is responsible for completing operational tasks on the day and afternoon shift as a general labourer.
This is a represented position under the United Steelworkers, Local 6709.
- Process containerized waste (drums, pails and totes) by emptying, bulking over, scraping and cutting containers
- Perform pump operations
- Operate the forklift
- Operate the drum crusher
- Maintain accurate and legible processing records
- Perform general housekeeping on a daily basis, including segregation and proper storage of containers
- Attend safety meetings and tool talks
- Report safety incidents,
potential hazards and malfunctioning equipment immediately to your Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Must be comfortable working in an outdoor environment in various weather conditions
- Previous knowledge of chemicals and waste management operations are preferred
- Previous experience with vacuum truck operations, including diaphragm pump operations is an asset, but not required
- Must be able to perform labour intensive duties (i.e. heavy lifting is required)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
This is a safety sensitive position. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required drug and alcohol testing.
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description - Maintain a safe and organized working area - Effectively follow all safe working practices and always wear proper personal protective equipment - Creating and maintaining a qu [...]
Job Description: The person we are looking for must have minimum 5 yrs experience in the machine industry. The successful candidate would preferably have experience running a Manual MILL & LATHES as [...]
Job Description Independently owned and operated for more than 30 years, our ready-mix concrete companies located in Lorneville, Barrie, Orillia, Muskoka and Parry Sound service a large area extendin [...]
Looking for a lawn technician who takes pride in their work and is responsible reliable and an honest hard worker. Must have valid driver's license and be over 25 for insurance reasons and have their [...]