Centrifuges Operator - Entry
Sarnia, ON, Canada Req #405 Thursday, June 18, 2020
Terrapure Environmental is a leading Canadian provider of essential environmental and industrial services for industrial, commercial and institutional customers, including those in the manufacturing, mining, municipal, oil and gas, pulp and paper, refining and petrochemical, transportation, and utilities sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, we employ approximately 2,000 people and operate an integrated network of over 70 locations across Canada.
At Terrapure, we’re Changing Waste for Good. We see both economy and environment as invaluable, understanding one cannot be prioritized at the expense of the other.
With an unwavering focus on health and safety excellence, we provide services that reduce the volume of waste requiring disposal, recover value from industrial by-products, and restore industrial operations to peak efficiency. We provide these services through an extensive coast-to-coast facility network and through field services deployed on customer sites.
For more information, visit
We are a proudly Canadian company in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing industry. With the tremendous opportunity to “change the way the world thinks about waste”, we need talented individuals like you to match the breadth of our mission. Come with your sleeves rolled up and get ready to grow!
At Terrapure, we are guided by our core values of Safety, Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Environmental Stewardship and Doing More. We are committed to fostering a positive, progressive, and diverse corporate culture. We support our employees and the communities where we live and work through activities and investment that align with what we do and what we believe in. By joining Terrapure, you can make a difference with your career, your community and our planet.
Terrapure offers competitive compensation, an attractive benefits plan, an excellent work-life balance and family-friendly perks! If you’re ready for a challenge and want to help us work towards strengthening our position as one of Canada’s leading environmental companies, we want to hear from you.
- Provide support to the Lead Operator on site by safely mobilizing to and commissioning job sites
- Perform various functions related to daily onsite processing of waste such as loading trucks, running hoses, pumping material, forklift operation, mixing polymer and safety watch
- Operate vacuum equipment and roll off trucks to transport hazardous/industrial waste to various facilities across Ontario for disposal
- Develop a deeper understanding of various expectations and protocols at multiple customer’s sites
- Understand and comply with Terrapure’s specific procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- A minimum of grade 12 education is required
- A valid G license is required with a clean driver’s abstract
- An AZ or DZ license is a definite asset; be willing to pursue an AZ or DZ license, if required
- Previous Vacuum Truck experience
- Previous experience with the function, repair and maintenance of pumps and industrial equipment
- Previous experience with the safe handling of hazardous waste and chemicals
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction)
- Basic knowledge of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Ability to work in a team and alone
- Proven track record of working safely
- Follow directions and prioritize tasks based on daily job requirements
- Friendly, positive attitude with good customer service skills
- Although most of our business is in the Sarnia area, the successful candidate must be willing to travel and adapt to flexible work schedules, if required. This may include new business opportunities in the United States
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- You will be exposed to environmental conditions such as hot, cold, dirty, dusty, wet or noisy; majority of work will be performed outside
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment which may include hard hats, eye protection, hearing protection, respirators, flame retardant clothing and safety shoes
Note: This is a Safety Sensitive Position. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required medical, physical, drug and alcohol testing.
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position Summary, RÃ©capitulatif du poste: Responsible for moderately complex technical work in a wide range of safety, health and environment disciplines. Provide mid-level analysis to department [...]
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares [...]
Bailey Toyota is looking to grow our team and hire an experienced automotive apprentice. We have an immediate opening. The perfect applicant will be hard working, willing to learn, and a good team pla [...]
Description Web Designer – Future Proof We’re looking for enthusiastic candidates who are interested in building the digital retail marketplace of the future. The Future Proof program is desig [...]