Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success has been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
As a global company, employing around 15,000 people in over 70 countries, we reflect the diversity of our customers in the diversity of our people and ensure everyone is given the opportunity to flourish regardless of their gender, race, beliefs or background.
Weir is an inclusive and innovative organisation where you can be your authentic self. We continually develop our talent and diversity of thought to keep our business relevant, innovative and successful for the future.
Enabling our people to unleash their full potential is central to ‘We are Weir’,
our vision, mission, and strategic priorities. We aim to be the most admired engineering business in our markets and we'll achieve that ambition by being the employer of choice in our markets.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering, manufacturing and service locations worldwide.
Business Need / Purpose of Role
Provides manufacturing support to the Operations Manager
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
- Provide general administrative support for Manufacturing Department
- Validate purchase requisitions for next level of approval
- Assist personnel with revisions to standard work instructions and controlled documents
- Maintain shipping schedule and other reports in order to track project deliverables, dates, and monitor deadlines.
- Support managers and employees for tasks related to organization and communication
- Assist in compiling data for various reports
- Develop and implement processes, strategies and tools to plan and track budgets, forecasts, maintenance, production and shipping performance to achieve targeted Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Promote and support daily, weekly and monthly communication process to drive group efficiencies and manage production performance
- Collect and analyze cost detail for reporting against standard, provide feedback regarding differences
- Manage job costing activities such as: review and adjust job status as well as Closing job orders in the system
- Communicate with production supervisors, production manager and finance to resolve challenges
- Undertake special analytical studies such as the identification of trends or the evaluation of current control systems
- Work closely with the Production and Operations personnel to support accurate forecasts and weekly projections. Understand the underlying business activities driving the variances and be prepared to communicate them in timely manner
- Continuous review of performance throughout the month in order to ensure accurate communication of expectations to management
- Liaise between cross-functional departments in support of Manufacturing objectives.
Health & Safety : Key Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Able to work in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves and others
- Able to demonstrate compliance to company safety procedures and legal obligations
- Recognise and report and resolve hazards identified
- Confidence and ability to intervene on practices deemed to be unsafe
- Engage and promote a zero harm culture
- Be aware of physical limitations based upon job requirements
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/ormove up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Personal Protective Equipment must be worn in certain areas of the facility. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Why Join Altec? The Altec Service Group has service centers and an extensive fleet of mobile service vehicles and technicians across the United States and Canada, honoring Altec’ [...]
Argus provides automated control systems for horticulture, aquaculture, and related biotechnology industries. Our capabilities include facilities automation and specialty monitoring and control applic [...]
Solita discovered ADVENTURE working at TJX.Every day at our stores feels like a new adventure to Solita and she says that's what makes her work so exciting. The challenges, problem-solving and constan [...]
Must Have Skills: - Experience working in a Manufacturing Plant environment. - Experience working on following OS: Windows 7, 10; Server 2012, 2016. - Experience in administering and troublesho [...]