Title: Senior API Developer, Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 73429
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
Would you like to help us reinvent how people bank? At Scotiabank, we are passionate about transforming the customer experience. We're looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done. By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
About the role
- You'll collaborate closely with a team of backend API developers, Android & iOS app developers, business system analysts, and architects to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank's flagship mobile app and provide your technical expertise towards success of the development team.
- A typical day includes: working with product owners, business system analysts, architects, and other technical leads to solution new features, reviewing pull requests in Bitbucket, working on sprint tasks i.e. coding solutions, helping to triage any issues our quality assurance testers may find or any issue raised by production support, and communicating closely with the team on Slack throughout the day.
Are you the right person for this role?
- You're interested in working on a large-scale product and enriching the banking experience for millions of customers
- You have the patience to work on a large-scale product as part of a big organization
- You're comfortable with new technologies
- You have a deep pride in your craft
- You enjoy thinking outside the box
- You're flexible and able to pivot and adapt to change
- You're accountable for and take ownership of your work
- You're eager to learn, mentor, and share your ideas in a team environment
- You have open and transparent communication, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms
- You understand that software development is a collaborative effort, and enjoy working alongside people with different skillsets
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 4 or more years of NodeJS & microservices development experience and deploying them in cloud (native or hybrid) environments
- You are experienced with REST API design using Open API Specification and you stay on top of updates to the specification
- You have experience with at least one NodeJS framework, preferably ExpressJS and have experience with developing real-time applications using NodeJS
- You have experience working with authenticated, customer focused applications and know various authentication standards such as OAuth and OIDC
- You have experience with creating robust, highly available & highly scalable applications serving million plus customers/end users
- You have knowledge of DevOps principles such as CI/CD and have the willingness to get your hands dirty with managing Jenkins pipelines & security scanners
- You know and have hands on experience with different programming paradigms such as Object Oriented programming, Functional programming
- You've used modern JS toolsets (ES6+, Webpack, Yarn, Lerna, Linters & Loggers)
- You have strong written technical documentation skills, including clearly articulating current and proposed architecture and codifying conventions and best practices
- Bonus points for knowledge of and experience with TypeScript
- Knowledge of containerization technologies -Docker & Microsoft Azure cloud platform is a plus
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Developer, Bank, Banking, Medical, Outside Sales, Technology, Finance, Healthcare, Sales
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Title: Senior API Developer, Digital Factory Requisition ID: 89263 At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup [...]
Title: Senior API Developer, Digital Factory Requisition ID: 89280 At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup [...]
Title: Senior API Developer, Digital Factory Requisition ID: 73429 At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup [...]
Requisition ID: 79489 At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you. We [...]