At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER - NEWS (Breakfast Television)
Breakfast Television, Toronto's longest-running Morning Show on CityTV, is looking for an Associate News Producer, capable of using traditional and non-traditional media to provide industry leading local news coverage.
Reporting to the Supervising Producer of Breakfast Television, the successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional editorial skills while producing compelling newscasts that inform and engage our morning audience.
What you'll be doing:
- Working as part of a team on an early-morning shift, you will write and create fast-paced, compelling and informative newscasts airing on Breakfast Television.
- Source news stories from a variety of outlets to create and present strategic daily content.
- Create and research story ideas
- Contribute to creative brainstorms on program and branded-content development
- Recognize deadlines and prioritize work accordingly.
- Ensure that content is factually and grammatically correct, and follows the designed style-guide.
- Participate in post-production meetings and critique sessions
- Setting up interviews and chasing stories
- Producing news segments or chats
- Writing news updates that run every 15 minutes
- Backfilling news producer as required
What you have:
- Minimum 3 years of news television producing, writing and/or reporting experience
- An ability to write and update news scripts clearly, concisely, and with quick turnaround
- Ability to work individually and part of a team
- Creative vision and keen editorial judgment
- Superior writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Control room and field production experience an asset.
- A broadcast journalism diploma or equivalent experience
- Shift work required
- Sound communication skills.
- Social Media awareness
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Editorial
Requisition ID: 205480
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
1. Our people are at the heart of our success
2. Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
3. We do what's right, each and every day
4. We believe in the power of new ideas
5. We work as one team, with one vision
6. We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Media || Canada (CA) || ON || Toronto || [[mfield2]] ||
Job Segment: Research
Find similar jobs:
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Stuart Weitzman is a leading luxury accessories brand that is synonymous with strength in femininity. Defined by an energetic, modern and bold attitude, SW is known for its unique approach to melding [...]
Application Deadline: Friday, November 6, 2020 Start: January 2021 What your day-to-day will look like: - Supporting the Social Media Manager with scheduling posts and reporting key metrics acros [...]
Le Bureau du coroner en chef de l'Ontario (BCC) et le Service de médecine légale de l'Ontario (SMLO). Ce poste vous offrira une occasion unique de mener des enquêtes sur des décès, comme le prév [...]
Position Overview Organization: Kids Help Phone Title: Evaluation Specialist Position: Full-time Reports to: Director – Service Innovation Location: Toronto Is this you? [...]