Job Description Summary
The Process Engineer will primarily focus on the execution of capital projects and process development projects, and will assist in engineering related aspects of the technology transfer of STEMCELL products to new regulated and non-regulated manufacturing sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement logical, efficient processes for the manufacture of STEMCELL products
- Lead the design, specification, procurement, commissioning and qualification of process equipment
- Correlate engineering theory with the results of experiment,
physical testing and numerical modeling in order to provide well characterized equipment and standardized processes with established design space
- Plan, execute and supervise process trials in laboratories and pilot plants to optimize the manufacturing process
- Implement process controls and devise test methods to assess the production process
- Reduce costs by investigating alternative materials and equipment to improve efficiency, quality and yields in bottleneck areas.
- Provide training and engineering support to Manufacturing team
- Support daily production and assist in troubleshooting processes and equipment
- Write and review technical reports, equipment design specifications and protocols compliant with STEMCELL's quality management system
- Utilize industry practices such as LEAN, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies
- BSc Engineering degree with 5 to 10 years of industrial experience or a MSc with 3 to 8 years of industrial experience
- Experience with current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs) in a regulated industry complying with 21 CFR part 210, 211 or 820
- Excellent understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing, aseptic technologies, equipment qualification and process validation
- Extensive knowledge of scale-up of unit operations such as: mixing, filtration and filling; heat and mass transfer; process improvements and optimization.
- Must be highly motivated, have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, be highly independent, and have effective organizational and verbal and written communication skills
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Transport Canada - Civil Aviation Abbotsford (British Columbia), Kelowna (British Columbia), Prince George (British Columbia), Richmond (British Columbia), Surrey (British Columbia), Vancouver (Bri [...]
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category Intern Job Details Tableau helps pe [...]
Job Description Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering peop [...]
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to d [...]