RBC Capital Markets
What is the opportunity?
As a Data Analyst, you will be part of a dynamic Account & Book Management team within the Client Management Group. You will work directly with stakeholders across Front office, Operations, Credit Risk and many more, in the setup, maintenance and closure of customer & internal trading accounts across RBC platforms. You will have the opportunity to interact with wide variety of departments across Capital Markets, while also working with project managers on regulatory initiatives, system enhancements and process automation.
What will you do?
- Maintain client, account and book level data in Capital Markets front and back office systems.
- Manage requests from multiple business areas; understand end to end process and trade flows.
- Be consistent, accurate and efficient in setting up, amending, cancelling and managing settlement instructions in the Front and Back Office system
- Support the operational processes that ensure the data content of BDR meets business, data quality, and regulatory requirements and standards
- Support the capture, measure, and report metrics on the dimensions of data quality that support business defined objectives
- Ensure that all accounts are cross referenced into the supporting CMG data repositories
- Use appropriate tools and exception management processes to ensure data quality.
- Work collaboratively with business partners, IT and CMG alike; interacting with requestors and approvers, troubleshooting issues
- Strive to proactively seek out efficiencies in processes.
- Management of data attributes related to regulatory data initiatives
- Proactively escalate issues as they arise and coordinate with the leadership team to ensure that we are able to manage expectations.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Account & Book Management projects, as well as have general understanding of widespread CMG projects
- Review of CDR to source system reconciliations - perform root cause analysis
- Review of exception queues - perform root cause analysis
- Engagement with the Global Client Management Group regarding initiatives that relate to account & book management
- Use of technical tools (SQL, VBA, Access etc.) to drive change within AM Toronto; use of these tools to provide procedural enhancements to allow for more efficient time management
- Train and assist in developing newer members of the team
- Managing the Account Management & Book Management (Book Open and Close) workflows and managing & maintaining SLAs for all requests
What do you need to succeed?
- Firm understanding of how Capital Markets operates and familiarity with traditional Capital Markets product offerings.
- Previous experience of party data management in trading and settlement systems.
- Experience of working in a data management function within an Investment Bank.
- Working knowledge of SSI’s
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team working capabilities.
- Ability to network and build strong relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to new processes
- Ability to be flexible, innovative, organized
- Strong ability to prioritize under both normal and pressure situations
- MS Office - Should be highly proficient, primarily in the use of Excel and Access.
- Working Knowledge of Macros, SQL, VBA, PowerShell
- Working Knowledge of regulations such as Dodd Frank, FATCA, CRS, CAT
- CFA qualification
What’s in it for you?
- Interaction with a wide variety of departments within Capital Markets including Credit Risk, Trading Documentation, Project Management, Regulatory Audit, KYC/AML, Sales Support and Front Office traders.
- The opportunity to work on projects relating to bank wide data initiatives.
- Gain extensive knowledge of systems/products and end to end process/trade flows across all assets classes within Capital Markets.
- Work with a friendly team in Toronto, New York and globally.
Address: 155 Wellington Street West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5+
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: CM – Analyst
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 09/08/2020
Req ID: 268600
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
WORK ILLUSTRATION: The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) performs core financial activities to support the business goals of the organization, contributing to the overall success of the organization by [...]
Company description We are one of the geotechnical engineering service providers in North America. Job description We look for a geotechnical engineer with a civil engineering degree or any other r [...]
Job Description We are a fully remote company based in Canada. We are looking for a data analyst to handle all our data operations. We are currently using hull.io to fetch data from our MySQL databas [...]
Our Firm B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of [...]