WHY WORK AT ROSS VIDEO
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results.
If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology.
Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
Mechanical Designer, Camera Motion Systems
The Camera Motions Systems (CMS) group within Ross Video designs leading edge robotic
systems used for precisely moving cameras in prescribed paths in video productions.Our robots use cool technology to control the lens, camera, and all aspects of positioning to allow our customers to have advanced camera effects in their video productions be it studio or live events. We are seeking a skilled camera engineer to help drive PTZ camera and development within CMS. We are developing a next generationrobotic camera and require a detail oriented, highly experienced mechanicaldesigner to join our growing team.Weare looking for a person who takes pride in their workmanship so that ourcustomers to be proud to show-off Ross Video robotic products!
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Be a vital member of the camera development group at Ross Video in a senior level technical role.
- Own the mechanical design aspects of the PTZ camera.This involves the entire design from internal motion control to the outer enclosure.
- Work synergistically with the product verification and new production introduction teams.
- Support an Agile-based aggressive project scheduling and subscribe to a build for test and build for manufacturing philosophy.
- Mentor other members in CMS.
- Assist in supporting other staff members as necessary through entire NPI process flow – including design, documentation, test, presales and customer service
- The use of plastics to reduce cost and weight while still maintaining mechanical integrity.
- Designs that achieve twin goals: offer high-quality performance and look cool.
- Thermal considerations in camera design.
- Experience designing ultra-quiet, ultra-smooth, and compact robotic motion systems.
- The skill to be able to simultaneous achieve low-cost and robust designs while maintaining schedule.
- Ability to work with incomplete information, make reasonable assumptions to drive the project ahead and the discipline to verify assumptions.
- B.S. or Masters in Mechanical Engineering,
- Crystal clear communicator in both intra- and inter-departmental contexts.
- Organized, detail orientated with strong observational skills
- Passion for pride in work, superb quality, and head-turning aesthetics.
- Self-starter, quick learner and can work with minimum supervision in meeting schedules and project deadlines.Able to seek out resources required to “get the job done”.
- Able to work independently or as part of a dynamic team.
- Incessant customer focus and tremendous pride of ownership are vital.
- Ability to zoom in to focus on the details when needed, but also possesses the ability to zoom out for higher level overview approaches as required.
- Minimum 5+ years in Mechanical Engineering roles.
- Co-design of plastics and metal and knowing which makes most sense in each situation.
- Proven experience with analysis, modeling, simulation, and design of systems involving moving parts, preferably in robotic control systems.
- Comfortable with creating mathematical models of mechanical systems.
- Familiar with electro-mechanical design.
Working knowledge of rotary and linear actuators and encoders.
- Proven experience with high volume and low-cost processes and materials.
- Good understanding of tolerance analysis and control. Experience using GD&T.;
- Experience with analyzing, identifying, and eliminating sources of acoustic noise.
- Proficient with Autodesk Inventor or other 3D CAD tools.
- Good knowledge of materials and their properties.
- Good knowledge of how to document a design in PDM tools e.g. part drawings and dimensioning, bills of materials, assembly drawings, engineering change orders, new component specifications.
- A team player able to mentor and be mentored and places an emphasis on team success.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Receive deliveries of materials and process paperwork. Likewise, ship products out to customers per instruction. Unload and load trucks, customer vehicles and other vehicles as appropriate. Must be [...]
Company description Alexandra Walker Real Estate is focused on providing an honest, streamlined, and knowledge-based approach to the real estate transaction with true care for clients and relationshi [...]
Share this page Portfolio: Global Affairs (Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade) Organization: Canadian Commercial Corporation Position title: President and Chief Executive [...]
Job Purpose This role is integral to the growth of Clore and achievement of the company objectives at retail level. The Inventory Clerk is responsible for assisting appropriate inventory levels to me [...]