Hotel Dieu Hospital
The Registered Nurse provides services in a manner consistent with HDH Mission, Vision and Values and that reflects the core values of Patient and Family Centred Care (dignity, respect, information sharing, participation,
and collaboration); practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and ethical values as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario; is accountable and responsible for the identification of knowledge and skills necessary to achieve competency within a given scope of practice; is able to demonstrate competencies that are essential for the delivery of safe and effective client care; applies an unique set of skills and knowledge in the provision of family focused care in an environment that promotes autonomy in nursing practice; works as a member of a multidisciplinary team in the Endoscopy Suite; provides continuity of care during pre and post-procedure patient interventions; provides on-going education to patients and other health care providers; assists in research programs; is available for “Stand-by” and “Call-back as required; collaborates and communicates effectively with clients, families and all members of the health care team of multidisciplinary professionals and support personnel; participates in service and hospital wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centred environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
- Current certification of competence as a Registered Nurse in the Province of Ontario
- 2 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse
- Previous experience with Endoscopy / Gastroenterology; or a setting requiring patient monitoring (Perioperative/Perianaesthesia/Emergency/ICU or similar setting).
- Knowledge of Gastroenterology and basic diagnostic procedures
- Current BCLS certification at the Health Care Provider level
- Current Criminal Reference Check (CRC) that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search administered by the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC)
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly in an environment with an accelerated pace
- Ability to function independently as well as interdependently
- Proven ability to take an active role in learning and knowledge acquisition
- Capable of coping with a physically and mentally demanding workload
- Proven good attendance
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- ACLS/ PALS
- C.N.A. Gastroenterology Speciality Certification or equivalent
- Proficiency in speaking and comprehending both English and French
The applicant must meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About Queen's University Queen’s University is the Canadian research intensive university with a transformative student learning experience. Here the employment experience is as diverse as it is [...]
Lifemark Seniors Wellness is one of the largest rehabilitation focused companies dedicated to providing therapy solutions for seniors. With over 30 years of experience, we are a preferred partner of m [...]
Santé Canada Calgary (Alberta), Edmonton (Alberta), Vancouver (Colombie-Britannique), Victoria (Colombie-Britannique), Winnipeg (Manitoba), Moncton (Nouveau-Brunswick), Halifax (Nouvelle-Écosse), [...]
Company Description Dexterra, is a dedicated, integrated services company that provides quality integrated facilities management, workforce accommodations and forestry services for our clients acr [...]