Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada
The Senior Developer, Guidewire will demonstrate the capability to design, develop, implement, and support Guidewire Claims Center. You will provide key problem resolutions for GW Claims Center while demonstrating the ability to understand business processes and services provided by RSA. You will develop relationships throughout the organization to assist in accomplishing these goals and objectives. You will also be required to strategically design, construct and implement software in accordance with the RSA published Software Development Lifecycle approach. The successful candidate is a highly motivated self-starter and is committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines.
The position can be located in St John's, Quebec City or Toronto.
Who you are
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers’ expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
What you will achieve in this role
• The successful IT delivery of various business driven initiatives with a focus on Claims for all lines of business
• Partner with Business Analysts and Architects to match functional specifications and technical execution to business requirements
• Analyze complex to highly complex new functionality, changes and fixes to determine a technical solution that not only meets immediate needs but that also considers the Business’ future needs
• Produce documentation fully describing the technical solution including affected applications, objects, screens, databases, tables, and interfaces (High Level Designs – HLD). Work cooperatively to communicate the solution to various Architects and take on board recommendations from them
• Develop program code that implements new functionality, changes or fixes and includes a balanced solution that anticipates future requirements and not just immediate needs
• Debug and apply fixes to production code
• Develop and execute appropriate unit, systems, and integration test plans
• Participate in various code review activities
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
What you bring to this role
• Degree or diploma in Post-Secondary Computer Studies, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• Flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work as required for support purposes
• Preference will be given to individuals with Guidewire Certification (Claims Center preferred) and previous experience as a Guidewire Claims Center developer
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a developer in Gosu (preferred), SQL and Java, with minimum 3 years as a Guidewire Developer
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting abilities are essential
• Experience working on a shared code base utilizing version control software.
• Use of Jenkins, Bitbucket, IntelliJ IDEA, Confluence, Dynatrace and/or Jira would be beneficial
•Experience with Guidewire Portal and Edge Layer would be beneficial
• Experience working in a team that utilizes Scrum, Agile, and the Lean Management System.
• Excellent collaboration, time management and communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Experience in the Insurance Claims business is an asset.
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with RSA or its affiliated companies (the “Company”) such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hiring full time restaurant supervisor for an Indian food court style buffet restaurant. Someone with past managerial or supervisory experience and good knowledge of Indian food. Job Type: Permanent [...]
Date Posted: 08/21/2020 Closing Date: 11/30/2020, 11:59PM EDT Req ID: 345 Job Category: Faculty - Teaching Stream, Contractually Limited Term Appointment Faculty/Division: University College [...]
CASCADES Fondée en 1964, Cascades propose des solutions durables, innovantes et créatrices de valeur en matière d’emballage, d’hygiène et de récupération. L’entreprise compte 11 000 femm [...]
Position Title: SAO Replenishment Analyst Requisition ID: 6846 Career Group (ADSP): Distribution Center Division: Supply Chain (80190525) Department: Logistics and Distribution Work Location: MET [...]