City of Toronto
- Answers inquiries and complaints received on all 311 access channels (including but not limited to; telephone, email and in person)
- Explains policies and procedures to the public, refers calls to proper authorities when necessary, initiates service requests and records related information
- Uses specialized knowledge in multiple functional areas to carry out duties in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Conducts research and analysis to develop service options for interested parties
- Provides effective verbal and written communications to all inquiries and requests for City services
- Utilizes customer service skills to effectively respond to inquiries and service requests
- Uses knowledge of City operations to guide customers and advocate on their behalf
- Liaises with internal divisions, Emergency Services, and contracted service providers
- Enters, retrieves and interprets data in customer relationship management and/or work management system databases
- Refers escalated issues to the supervisor and/or manager when applicable
- Interprets and provides information on compliance requirements for applicable legislation, bylaws, policies and procedures
- Utilizes delegated authority to make decisions and critical recommendations (e.g. approve eligibility for licensing, etc.)
- Performs general clerical duties as required
- Redirects calls as necessary and may perform message taking function
- Keeps informed on activities of the City
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience in a high volume call centre receiving inbound communications including phone, e-mail, social media (e.g. Twitter), live chat, etc.
- Considerable experience providing first class customer service, including experience with de-escalation techniques and managing difficult calls.
- Considerable experience multi-tasking with large volumes of information including researching, assessing, recording and reporting data, while utilizing multiple applications and computer screens.
- Experience with call/contact center technologies, databases and software (e.g. Customer Relationship Management applications, workforce management tools, knowledge base databases, etc.)
You Must Also Have:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to empathetically listen, interpret and respond.
- Ability to deal with difficult clients, de-escalate and diffuse challenging situations and successfully resolve customer issues in a diplomatic, unbiased and professional manner.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, tact and diplomacy when dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work independently with little direction and as a member of a team.
- Excellent keyboarding and proof reading skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and provide compliance information on legislation as it relates to specific program areas.
- Knowledge of contact centre principles, practices and key performance metrics.
- Must be available to work varied shifts including evenings, nights, weekends and statutory/religious holidays.
- Must be available to work overtime when required.
NOTE TO CURRENT CITY OF TORONTO CUPE LOCAL 79 PART-TIME EMPLOYEES : If you are a current City of Toronto Local 79 part-time employee, you must indicate that you are a "Current Part-time employee" in your on-line application form, and provide your " Employee Number " in order to be considered for this job opportunity as part of your application process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Would you like to be part of a team involved in conducting highly specialized forensic examinations and analyses? Ontario's Centre of Forensic Sciences is one of the most extensive forensic science fa [...]
Description Reporting Analyst | Professional, Report & Analytics Do you crave the creativity and freedom of a startup but the stability of a large, established company? Are you seeking the aut [...]
Since 1943, Veg-Pak Produce Ltd. has provided its customers with only the highest quality fresh produce and customer service, and is recognized as being a leader in this industry. We take pride [...]
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their [...]