Accountivity & Mier Recruitment
Position Title: Costing Analyst
Location: Brampton, ON
Length of Assignment: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000/year
Reporting to the Controller, the Costing Analyst provides analytical support to Plant Management. The incumbent ensures data integrity of the plant's operational and financial reporting in accordance with established corporate standards and requirements.
- Set up new item masters and maintain accurate costing for all Raw Materials, Dry Goods, WIP and Finished Goods, including BOMs, routings, labour rates and intercompany pricing.
- Prepare, review and analyze daily, weekly and monthly operational reports including, but not limited to yields,
labour efficiency, utilities, expenses and capital spend, partnering with Plant Management to identify opportunities for improvement. Prepare, review and distribute monthly Operational reporting packages.
- Reconcile and analyze all manufacturing and purchase price variances. Report on the impact these variances have on financial performance and make recommendations which reflect standard business practices resulting from this analysis.
- Manage the capital expenditure process ensuring accurate project tracking and timely capitalization.
- Prepare applicable journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations as required.
- Support physical inventory counts, interim and year-end financial audits as required.
- A Diploma/Degree in accounting or finance and related accounting/analysis experience.
- Successful completion of an Accounting designation (CPA), or in active pursuit of such is a requirement (if not fully designated, must be in final stages and all courses must be completed)
- 3-5 years accounting and cost reconciliation experience in a manufacturing environment is a must
- Experience within the manufacturing/CPG/food & beverage industry is a large asset
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (advanced level in MS Excel is a non-negotiable) and other Windows Applications.
- Working knowledge of financial / operational database ERP systems (experience with AS400 and/or SAGE is considered an asset).
- Strong interpersonal skills partnered with the ability to communicate effectively with all areas of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands through excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Achieves success when working independently and is a proven team player.
- An enthusiastic, process-oriented, self-starter who ensures accuracy with the utmost regard to confidentiality.
If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume.
Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only those being considered will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Credit Analyst performs various forms of credit-based analysis on existing and prospective merchants, reviewing merchants that trigger in the Fraud queue for out-of-pattern processing, decision th [...]
Aveda Assistant Team Lead Canada. Qualifications Aveda Assistant Team Lead Canada. Job: Retail - Store Primary Location: Americas-CA-ON-Etobicoke Job Type: Standard Schedule: Full-time S [...]
Apply now Date: Sep 17, 2020 Location: Etobicoke, ON, CA Company: TJX Companies, Inc. At Homesense, we’re helping people let their personality shine in their home. We’re out to bri [...]
Position Description PERSONAL TRAINER What is a Personal Trainer? A Personal Trainer provides their clientele with the knowledge, motivation and coaching to achieve their personal fitness goals. [...]