Kingston General Hospital
Title: Administrative Assistant- Regional Renal Program and Palliative Care
Hours of Work: Full-Time Position; Days
Department: Renal and Palliative Care
Salary: Class 02: $47,289- $56.747 per annum
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Program Operational Director – Renal Services and Palliative Care at KHSC/Regional Renal Program Director. The incumbent will support the leadership teams in renal services and palliative care at KHSC as well as provide regional program administrative support to ensure regional coordination of care.
The three areas covered by this role include Regional Renal Program (as guided by the Ontario Renal Network (ORN), and the South East LHIN), Renal Services at KHSC, and Palliative Care at KHSC.
The Administrative Assistant is a key contact and liaison between the Ontario Renal Network and the Regional Renal Program, its satellites and key partners. The incumbent will provide regional administrative support for planning and service delivery, capital, capacity, equipment, and emergency planning for renal services in South East.
The incumbent will also provide administrative support to assist with the creation of a coordinated approach to palliative care provision within KHSC, the development of the model of care within the acute care setting and communication of the strategy. In partnership with other organizations within the Kingston sub-region, the administrative assistant will support the development of a central referral system for palliative care.
The employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Science Centre (KHSC) strategy, mission, vision, and values. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centred engagement and care in all we do.
The Administrative Assistant adheres to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and department/unit established procedures at all times. Understands and is familiar with all pertinent KHSC policies and procedures including those relating to workplace conduct. Complies with the KHSC Commitment to uphold the Workplace conduct and Reporting of Inappropriate Conduct policy and behaves in a manner that is consistent with the guiding principles and expectations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE :
- Provide confidential and administrative support to the Program Operational Director and leadership team for renal and palliative services.
- Compile reports as directed using a variety of data sources and monitor data quality
- Address discrepancies/issues internally and externally, as necessary
- Preparation of agendas minutes, power point presentations and reports as needed
- Act as a conduit to receive and distribute sensitive and/or confidential information from partner hospitals, team leads, regional and provincial bodies as required to appropriate individual(s) for information/action (e.g. deliverables, quarterly reporting templates); utilize different information technology platforms as required
- Maintain database of deliverables and liaise with leads to ensure all reporting deadlines are met.
- Exercise judgement on day to day issues directly affecting the operations
- Provide administrative support to set-up and facilitate webinars and Ontario Telemedicine Network and tele-conferences
- Assist the Program Director and Managers in meeting short turnaround times in various ways (i.e. capital equipment requests, budget reports) and resolving issues (i.e. scheduling, time verification problems).Provides Administrative support for the respective portfolios with minimal direction.
- Provides first level response to unexpected occurrences/emergencies and takes appropriate action
- Maintain policy and procedure manuals and files
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, materials and minor equipment and monitor associated budgets.
- Advise staff within the portfolio on administrative processes and provide SAP information and reports to the Program Operational Director and Program Managers as required.
- Make recommendations to staff within the portfolio on editorial, format, administrative processes and scheduling.
- Streamline and organize processes to assist in efficient flow of information.
- Assist in creation of centralized referral system for palliative care
- Liaise with departmental assistant in Queen’s palliative medicine and others in partnering organizations to facilitate carrying out program objectives
- Advise administrative processes in satellite dialysis sites and/or off site locations as needed; some travel may be required
- Prepare and process agreements, contracts, invoices, and requisition forms. Screening, sorting, and redirecting of mail, document and records management
- Manage calendar activities including booking meetings and arranging catering’ event planning
- 2 year office administration –College Diploma in Business or Medical Administration or equivalent education and or experience
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience in a health care setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word (Level 2), Excel (Level 2), Power Point (Level 1) and other computer software required. Familiarity with database applications an asset.
- Driver’s license
- Typing speed of minimum of 55 w.p.m. to be tested.
- Experience establishing a centralized referral system and/or similar endeavor
- Experience of Continuous Quality Improvement practices would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability with above average written and verbal communication skills, including good grammar, composition and spelling.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is essential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously and tactfully with all types of people.
- Accuracy and confidentiality essential
- Proven ability to attend work regularly
- Ability to act on own initiative, demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Successful criminal background check
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years 1 year to less than 2 years Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Excel - MS [...]
Future You wants to know – what is life at UPS really like? You’ll see that it’s about opportunity, teamwork, a supportive culture and benefits that help you become everything you’re envisioni [...]
Company Bio Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville G [...]
SnapCab builds inspiring architectural products using our unique interlocking paneling system that you really need to see to believe. More importantly, SnapCab builds communities of usefulness where p [...]