Athena Cloud Limited
The Project Manager key contributor to the achievement of Operations goals and initiatives. The primary accountability of the Project Manager is for the successful delivery of internal and external Client engagements in implementing technology solutions on-time and on-budget.
The Project Manager tracks the status and performance of their projects on a daily basis and is accountable and responsible for the daily reporting of project status and project risks to the Vice President, Operations. The Project Manager must provide timely documentation throughout the full lifecycle of a project, including project plans, Work Breakdown Schedules (WBS), Statements of Work (SOWs), and Service Management Guides (SMGs).
The Project Manager is responsible for the work coordination of delivery teams composed of both onsite and virtual resources to provide successful delivery of assigned projects. The Project Manager drives the success of each project to ensure customer satisfaction and establishes a solid working relationship with all stakeholders through precise communication and timely identification of risks and issues.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries
The Project Manager reports to the Vice President, Operations. The Project Manager is accountable for ensuring that all Service Delivery projects, in addition to other assigned projects, are delivered on-time, in-scope, and on-budget with quality. Although the Project Manager has no direct reports, the Project Manager has accountability and responsibility for ensuring that all project team members conduct the required activities resulting in successful project execution and delivery.
Communications & Working Relationships
The Project Manager is responsible for maintaining meaningful relationships with all project stakeholders, internal and external. They are the primary point of contact for all internal and external Service Delivery activities. Duties include writing reports, presenting project reports (RAG status and others), preparation and coordination of detailed project plans, scheduling project meetings, and escalating issues and risks in a timely manner.
Problem Solving & Complexity
The Project Manager is expected to develop and execute project plans, Statements of Work and Work Breakdown Schedules to ensure the requisite planning is in place for on-time delivery of all Service Delivery projects. This requires critical and strategic thinking capabilities, and coordination of resources from cross-functional project teams as well as Client coordination.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility
The Project Manager has the authority to make decisions that only have been formally delegated to them by the Vice President, Operations. The Project Manager has no direct reports and operates in a virtual team environment made up of internal Athena Cloud resources and stakeholders across the Client’s business. Decisions made are subject to review and direction by the Vice President, Operations. Any decisions or actions that have financial implication or resourcing implications require pre-approval from the Vice President, Operations.
The Project Manager is responsible for the following key result areas
- Accountable for the oversight and coordination of Service Delivery projects
- Act as a single point of contact for all Service Delivery and other assigned projects
- Ensure projects or work packages assigned are delivered on-time, on-scope, on-budget
- Direct all aspects of the project planning and execution phases
- Document and communicate project activities and status to stakeholders via endorsed ticketing system and project tool
- Daily follow up with team members on work and project status
- Provide daily project reports on the status of all projects to the Vice President, Operations
- Follow the endorsed project management methodology
- Work with project team members to create detailed project plan
- Prepare project timelines with input from team members and assist in determining project scope
- Preparation of Statements of Work, estimates, and perform requirements analysis for projects
- Facilitate team meetings to communicate progress, status, issues, assignments and urgency
- Escalates issue and risks to Vice President, Operations to address project concerns
- Perform and document post project reviews with assistance from senior project management or project sponsors
- Manage project scope and ensure compliance to standard Change Request process
- Log, monitor and handle project issues, in addition to recommending viable alternatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Information Technology, or equivalent
- Proven experience in project management and/or delivery of IT projects across infrastructure, operations and business systems
- 3+ years IT project management experience
- 3+ years leading IT infrastructure projects
- Strong technology background
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to dynamic situations
- Proficiency in project management tools and applications to plan, track, monitor and version project assets to deliver project(s) such as Microsoft Project, Jira, and SharePoint
- Excel in supporting multiple projects concurrently with high quality
- Excellent analytical skills and advanced user of Excel or similar tools, with the ability to drive structured problem solving and solutions
- Ability to foster and build stakeholder relationships
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required, as are strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Agile methodologies is an asset
- Must be energetic, motivated, and service-oriented and an effective communicator
- Essential to possess the ability to interact effectively with Clients, management, and other team members and be able to work without close supervision and handle multiple assignments concurrently
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Athena Group is helping governments transform and is supported by deep partners within the Fortune Global 100 for shared high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaborating with experts across the company.
- Access to leading-edge technology.
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients crea [...]
Cytel provides unrivaled biostatistics and operations research knowledge to our customers in the life sciences industries in the form of both software and services. At Cytel, we work hard to create su [...]
Sago Mini is looking for a creative marketing producer to manage the creation of assets for our digital marketing campaigns. As part of the marketing team, you will work closely with the Growth and Pr [...]
Company Description Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just [...]