Join the team that powers the global real estate economy - CoreLogic is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
We are a $1.95 billion in sales company with more than 6,000 employees globally serving the financial services and insurance industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative,
are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must—and engage, include and collaborate at every turn.
We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
Development of Symbility’s property and casualty software happens in a vibrant and energetic environment, driven by innovation, a collaborative process that is based on open and honest communication, and an inclination towards creativity and broadmindedness. Symbility strives to deliver exceptional service and our team is passionate, loves learning, and avidly strives for growth and progress. We believe you should expect more, from each other, yourselves and your employer. We are looking for a motivated, talented and intelligent individual to join the development team in our Toronto office as a Software Designer/Functional Analyst. The ideal candidate has already contributed to the development and design of a software with a large user base that has evolved to include multiple new features over several years. This individual brings to the table a strong knowledge of the agile development process, a strong sense of team spirit and a balanced mix of technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Build an understanding of Symbility’s technologies, products and services, and relevant industry workflows
- Turn business requirements into new features, solutions and modules that fit seamlessly into the existing software suite and technologies
- Design clean, functional and practical user interfaces
- Find inventive solutions to complex problems that meet client’s needs
- Use a variety of techniques to document these solutions including user stories, wireframes, prototypes, and design documents
- Communicate these solutions to the development team
- Take initiative to continuously improve Symbility's Agile software development process
- Work with the product owners to prioritize the product backlog (note: this role could eventually evolve into a product owner role, depending of the business' needs and candidate's interests)
- Coordinate with the product management team, the development team and senior management
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Engaging and rewarding team environment
- Some limited weekend work required for implementations
- Full health, dental, life benefits
- Employer matching RRSP plan
- Paid vacation
- Stock Option
- 2+ years experience as a software designer, functional analyst, product owner, senior business analyst and/or systems integration specialist for software applications
- Bilingual (French and English) with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with UX/UI design
- Ability to pay attention to details while always keeping the "big picture" in mind
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodology
- Strong vision and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Collaborative communication style and a proactive, positive disposition
- Exhibits enthusiasm, integrity, reliability and respect for diversity
- Knowledge of common business processes within the property and casualty industry is an asset
- Experience with wireframing tools (Balsamiq Mockups, etc.) is an asset
- Experience programming in C# or C++ considered a strong asset
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone’s unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.
Connect with us on social media! Click on the quicklinks below to find out more about our company and associates.
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Women's College Hospital (WCH) is an academic, ambulatory care hospital in Ontario with a focus on health for women, health equity and health system solutions. If you're ready to be part of a team tha [...]
Job Family Group: Technology This position is for desktop support for the BMO Trade floor. Fast pace, high stress, great rewards. We support Physical hardware, VDI, turrets for Traders in the office [...]
About Apotex Inc. Apotex Inc. is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines for patients around the world. Apotex employs almost 8,000 people w [...]
Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a Senior GIS Consultant focusing on enterprise business solution projects. Based out any of Esri Canada's major offices, you will leverage y [...]