WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada),
and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Greater Toronto Area, ON
Under the leadership of the National Indigenous Relations Lead, this position is accountable for managing Indigenous engagement and consultation processes, as well as conducting Traditional Land Use (TLU) studies, Traditional Ecological Knowledge (TEK) studies, facilitation, mitigation, and project management.
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer competitive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. Come join us.
A day in the life:
- As part of the Archeology, Heritage and Indigenous Relations team, your primary focus will be on the engagement of Indigenous communities, and actively completing Traditional Land Use (TLU) studies and gathering information on Traditional Ecological Knowledge (TEK) in collaboration with Indigenous communities and groups in Ontario
- You will collaborate with other WSP staff as part of the Environmental Assessment (EA) process
- You will build meaningful relationships with Indigenous communities, groups, businesses and individuals, while adhering to WSP’s Indigenous Relations Policy and direction from the national Indigenous Relations lead
- You will act as a subject matter expert and provide strategic advice to all business lines within the province of Ontario, and collaborate with others nationally
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- A minimum of 5 years working in a similar role in the private sector
- An in-depth knowledge of Indigenous history, culture and politics
- Great communication skills, both oral and written. Knowledge of an Indigenous language would be an asset.
- A valid driver license and access to transportation
- A degree or professional designation is preferred (such as social sciences), although proven practical experience is essential.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hey There! Be Well is a wellness clinic located in Vaughan. We pride ourselves in being a multi-disciplinary clinic which focuses on connecting the mind, body and spirit. We offer physiotherapy, chir [...]
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently seeking Therapy Assistant to work at the new Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital across all inpatient (inpatient: nephrology, cardiac, surgical, rehab, ortho, ICU, Stroke) [...]
About the Company Perri's Leathers Ltd. is one of the leading manufacturers of guitar, saxophone, and other instrumental straps, in the world. Our company has finely crafted straps for over twenty ye [...]
Company Description We are more than just your local restaurant. We are a collection of hardworking small-business owners, students working part-time, career builders, and active seniors getting t [...]