Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our c ompany .
About The Position
This position will report to the Bioassay Development group lead within the Exploratory Research Unit and will be based in Vancouver, BC.
There are 2 open positions available.
- Performs routine experiments following established procedures and practices. May suggest novel changes to methods.
- Plans out next set of experiments to be performed in order to properly advance program and seeks input from supervisor.
- Documents raw and analyzed data. May independently interpret results.
- Prepares written reports and analysis of experiments for internal and external use, makes presentations to team.
- Seeks to understand ongoing projects through attention to scientific literature and internally generated data.
- Maintains lab and performs routine duties in order to keep laboratory clean, neat and in efficient operational order.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with scientific standards, OH&S; regulations and established policies and practices.
Qualifications And Experience
- Requires a BSc in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 2 to 5 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Critical observation skills and strong statistical analysis capability.
- Effective oral communication and scientific/technical writing skills. Ability to present data at team meetings or interdepartmental meetings.
- Good understanding of lab techniques and methods, which may include:
- Flow cytometry
- Protein purification
- Mammalian tissue culture
- Media and buffer preparation
- Preparation of serial dilutions
- Total protein quantitations and size estimations using SDS-PAGE
- Transient transfections of mammalian cell lines
- Basic bioconjugations
- Antibody drug conjugate assays
- Primary human immune cell isolation and culture
- Mouse husbandry, handling, and humane treatment
- Mouse reagent administrations (i.p., s.c., and i.v.)
- Mouse necropsy and tissue collection to support oncology and immunology disease models
- Mouse primary immune cell isolation and culture
- Good understanding in the use of lab equipment, which may include:
- pH meters
- Analytical balances
- Single and multichannel pipettes
- Inverted microscopes
- Multimode microplate readers
- Flow Cytometers
- High content imaging devices
Why work for us?
At Zymeworks, we stand for innovation, integrity, collaboration and care.
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is no t responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Vancouver Ready Mix is currently recruiting Ready Mix Drivers. These are seasonal, full time positions with competitive wages and an excellent benefits package. You must have a Class 1 or 3 Driver’ [...]
There is an opening for the position of Relief Batch Plant Operator in our Langley location. The successful candidate should have the following qualifications: - Must have good mathematical skills [...]
Reporting to the Coordinator, Data Integrity or designate, the Health Records Administrator performs a variety of quantitative analysis and data capture from patient records and performs subsequent da [...]
POSITION: Residential Sales Representative LOCATION: Langley B.C. REPORTS TO: General Manager / Sales Manager GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY The incumbent for this position will be part of our dedicated [...]