Who We Are
Mercer is a global force of over 23,000 unique individuals with a passion for enhancing the health, wealth, and careers of 115 million people worldwide. Mercer’s team of passionate experts are uniquely qualified to help organizations of all sizes and industries design and execute sophisticated workforce strategies. We provide best-in-class consulting, rigorous analytics, and data-driven insights to help organizations make fact-based decisions. We are united by a single idea – to make lives better tomorrow through the actions we take today.
The Position: Consulting Analyst
Mercer's Career Consultants work with clients around the world to engage their most important assets – their people.
We help clients address critical questions and issues in a changing business world related to:
Their talent : How to design and implement workforce strategies to position their organization for success today and into the future,
Their executives : How to align executive programs to business objectives to enhance company performance and achieve shareholder objectives, and
Their transformation : How to define and navigate the journey of constant change needed to stay competitive.
The first step in your career with Mercer’s Career business is as a Consulting Analyst. Consulting Analysts work with a broad range of clients and industries, participating as a member of project teams to diagnose issues and design strategic solutions. Mercer brings a diverse range of integrated solutions including: Executive and Workforce Rewards, HR Transformation and Digital Implementation, Workforce Strategy & Analytics, Change Management and Communications, and Employee Voice & Engagement. To learn more about Mercer’s Career practice, visit mercer.com/what-we-do/workforce-and-careers.html.
What A Typical Day Looks Like
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analytical support to senior consultants and project teams
- Analyze clients' strategic, financial, and organizational information to provide insights into the development of people strategies and solutions
- Conduct research and perform financial analyses of industry sectors and client peer groups to understand business strategy, corporate performance, compensation and rewards practices and trends
- Design and implement executive, workforce, and sales compensation structures and incentive plans to align pay and performance with corporate strategic objectives
- Develop and implement job evaluation systems, performance management programs, and pay equity strategy
- Collaborate with project teams on the most effective ways to structure analyses and present information in a meaningful way to meet client objectives
What’s In It For Me?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Varied and meaningful work where you play a critical role from day one
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with leading experts in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities across Canada and internationally
- Supportive and inclusive culture that embraces teamwork, collegiality, and cooperation
What We Value
- Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative), excellent Excel capabilities, and working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications (Word and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills across our diverse practice areas
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- A bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, HR, statistics, or math
- Demonstrated internship or co-op experience in consulting or HR would be a strong asset
At Mercer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we’re looking for you!
Note that the start date for this position is in Summer 2021.
To apply, submit your cover letter, one-page resume , and university transcripts all in PDF format via our website at mercer.ca (Careers Section) befor e September 28, 2020.
Mercer’s roots are in Canada – founded 75 years ago and continues to be one of the elite Canadian business and employment brands. Currently, the Canadian business earns $340+M CAD in revenue and employs 1,000+ colleagues across Mercer’s core services areas. Along with Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Mercer is one of four Marsh & McLennan businesses with a significant Canadian presence.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
At Mercer, we’re creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. When you join us, you bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to a team that values you personally and professionally – regardless of who you are, what you look like, where you were raised or born, who you love or what your religious beliefs are. You are welcome here.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Location: 333 Seymour Blvd, N Vancouver, British Columbia, V7J 2J4 The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you. [...]
Darkhorse is hiring a Consulting Engagement Manager to be the bridge between our clients and our capabilities. What we do... Darkhorse Analytics is an Alberta-based consultancy specializing in predi [...]
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, partnership and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct. [...]
Job Description: Job Title: Recruitment Associate Work Site: Recruitment Services - 620 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC Status: Start Date: Hours: Temporary Full Time As soon as possible [...]