Alberta Health Services
Under direct or indirect supervision of a regulated health care professional, the Health Care Aide works as a member of the interdisciplinary team, in a facility setting. The Health Care Aide participates in the delivery of quality individualized, resident-centered care, based on assessed unmet needs of the patient/resident. Responsibilities include providing direct care to assist in the activities of daily living, comfort and safety of the patient/resident and providing indirect services to support the overall provision of care in their assigned area. This position requires frequent physical demands include standing, walking, bending, lifting and hand movements, ability to stand for long periods,
and be capable of lifting 25-50 pounds on a regular basis. Will be required to work a variety of shifts and shift patterns. The Health Care Aide must demonstrate effective communication skills by using good listening, respectful tone of voice, respectful body language, and by communicating information both verbally and in writing with patient/residents, families, visitors and team members. The incumbent must have the ability to work independently or as a member of an interdisciplinary team and to request and accept direction as required. Demonstrate strong task specific organizational skills. Strong observation skills. An ability to provide behavioral, emotional and physical support to patients/resident conveying respect and dignity for the patients/resident.
As a Health Care Aide (HCA) - Nursing Attendant, you are responsible for providing personal assistance, supporting activities of daily living and providing comfort and support services to patients (clients, residents) who require short-term assistance or ongoing support. You will work closely with patients, families, and caregivers spanning the continuum of care in home, community or health care facilities. You will play a key role in providing safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Classification: Health Care Aide
- Union: AUPE AUX
- Department: CanmoreGenHosp LTC.Aux LTCNurs
- Primary Location: Canmore General Hospital
- Multi-Site: Not Applicable
- FTE: 0.00
- Employee Class: Casual/Relief
- Hours per Shift: Varies
- Length of Shift in weeks: Varies
- Shifts per cycle: Varies
- Shift Pattern: Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
- Days Off: Other
- Vehicle Requirement: N/A
- As a condition of employment at AHS, you must be enrolled in the Government of Alberta-Health Care Aide Directory and provide evidence of your enrollment at time of hire and annually thereafter. For more information on the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory, please visit: www.albertahcadirectory.com. - In addition, you must meet one of the following Alberta Health Services (AHS) Health Care Aide (HCA) competency requirement and provide evidence at time of hire:a) Certified - certified as a Health Care Aide through a Government of Alberta licensed post-secondary institution using the Provincial Health Care Aide Curriculum; or b) Substantially Equivalent - an educational background deemed equivalent as compared to the approved Provincial Health Care Aide Curriculum; or c) Deemed Competent - assessed as competent by an Alberta regulated nurse, using the Provincial Competency Assessment Profile Tool.
Additional Required Qualifications:
Ability to handle the physical demands of the position. Must be able to communicate in verbal and written English. 1 year experience working in a facility. Senior's care experience. Completed and current AHS Annual Competencies – including current ‘It’s your Move’ course. Attached up to date resume.
Foreign Trained Nurse Professional. Palliative/End of Life Health Care Education Course. Wound Care Education/course for Health Care Aides. Pathways - Dementia Care Education sessions.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Your Opportunity: Under direct or indirect supervision of a regulated health care professional, the Health Care Aide works as a member of the interdisciplinary team, in a facility setting. The Healt [...]
Your Opportunity: Does working with people and technology excite you? Are you interested in supporting innovative technology training that will improve the delivery of healthcare in Alberta? Training [...]
Your Opportunity: Does working with people and technology excite you? Are you interested in supporting innovative technology training that will improve the delivery of healthcare in Alberta? Trainin [...]
Overview The Mechanical-Reliability Engineer role includes identifying, developing and implementing engineering projects to improve plant reliability while complying with environmental and safety pe [...]