Senior Manager, Data and Analytics
You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Why KPMG Lighthouse?
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine.
Lighthouse - KPMG Canada's Center of Excellence for Data & Analytics + Intelligent Automation - applies data science to solve real-word business problems and operationalize AI. Join a diverse team which is always curious and learning, thinking independently and working collaboratively, has a passion to solve difficult problems and has fun doing it.
KPMG Lighthouse Montreal has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to join our team!
What you will do
- Manage and enable the business pipeline of solution opportunities, align and prioritize solution delivery
- Lead teams of data science practitioners who will engineer, build and operationalize AI based solutions. Responsibilities include:
- Developing a high performing team of consultants with strong technical depth and customer relationship skills by providing constructive performance feedback and coaching
- Fostering an innovative, collaborative and inclusive work environment by mentoring the team.
- Providing coaching, including day-to-day actionable guidance.
- Providing oversight and direction to the employees at Lighthouse, including training, motivating and directing staff in order to optimize productivity and promote professional and personal growth.
- Conducting employee performance reviews and contributing towards nurturing a growth mindset on the team
- Gather and analyze requirements to develop impactful recommendations and solutions.
- Work closely with clients in understanding key business issues
- Utilize advanced analytical techniques, engineering skills and platforms to solve challenging business problems.
- Architect next-generation, cloud-native products and applications
- Lead research and evaluation of new tools and technologies that can help drive innovative solutions for our clients
- Investigate and perform deeper analysis, and produce impactful algorithms to achieve targeted outcomes
- Perform quantitative analysis of data issues
- Effectively communicate with peers within Lighthouse, KPMG and the client
- Design machine learning systems and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
What you bring to the role
- Background in MS or PhD-level math, statistics, operations research, engineering, computer science or econometrics
- Strong client relationship skills and service orientation, ability to work in a demanding, client-focused, team environment
- Experience designing and building production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption, using Java, Python, Scala, Cloud environment, etc. in order to produce high quality data structures
- Ability to build credibility, establish rapport and engage with stakeholders at multiple levels and client organizations
- Extensive client engagement, project management and leadership experience
- Managed projects through various stages of the project lifecycle including RFP, requirements gathering, application design, build, test, implementation, training and post production support
- Understand the full spectrum of data features retrieval, selection, and engineering; model technique selection and integration; interpretation of outputs, and development of recommendations
- Capable of identifying commonalities across seemingly disparate analytics use cases, in order to identify unique ways of approaching modeling
- Expert knowledge in advance modeling techniques and mathematical models, algorithm use and optimization, cloud technologies
- Deep understanding of designing and architecting AI systems
- GCP, Azure and AWS experience for deploying AI based solutions
Keys to your success:
- Identify and present opportunities with new and existing clients that align with KPMG services to the appropriate partner.
- Manage the efficient and effective delivery of every engagement, producing high quality deliverables and delivering work on time, on budget and within project parameters and client expectations
- Drive project execution technical track; track delivery, take ownership of change management, proactively seek and resolve blockers.
- Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to data science and engineering
- Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
- Highly organized, strategic thinker - Ability to look at process and applications to solve business
- A strategic and lateral thinker with deep commercial awareness
- Embraces change and enjoys the challenge of creating his/her own imprint
- Accomplished Consultant and Leader, with an outcome focused approach in Solutions & Service Delivery
- Participate as an active member of the Lighthouse team by supporting a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, innovation, teamwork and effective communication
- Provide leadership as a Manager of Managers and deliver thought leadership / industry knowledge in the field of Data Science and participate in knowledge transfer within the team
about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity , we do what is right | Excellence , we never stop learning and improving | Courage , we think and act boldly | Together , we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better , we do what matters
KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process , please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: or phone: (phone hidden) or toll free 1-(phone hidden) Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Summary There will never be a typical day at Accenture Interactive,but that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a differencewhile working on exciting client initiatives are lim [...]
Job Description Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Senior Product Manager, Data Teams holds a critical role within the SSENSE Product team, working directly with a team of Data E [...]
Description: Sr. Data Architect needed for a 6 Month+ Contract in Montreal, QC! Candidate must reside in Canada and be bilingual English/French The Wealth Management and Brokerage Operations sector i [...]
Job Summary The Manager Sr. Advanced Analytics manages a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled data scientists and product managers. The main responsibilities include driving the implementation an [...]