Tax Preparer (Contract) - Global Mobility Services
You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Our worldwide network of Global Mobility Services professionals provide tax and payroll compliance and consulting services to executives and employers of people who work,
live and invest outside their home country. We design sophisticated tax planning and compensation strategies to help companies with international workforces and their executives manage their tax liabilities and other expenses incurred in operating in a global business environment.
Please note that this is a 9 month contract (October 5, 2020 - June 25, 2021).
The successful candidate will be assisting with the payroll busy season from October to February then assisting with compliance busy season from March to June.
What you will do
Working with our Tax Managers and Senior Specialists, the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of technical, administrative, and support functions, to provide compliance related tax and payroll services to our many clients.
- Reconciling Canadian taxable compensation.
- Calculating Canadian payroll tax remittances.
- Preparing Canadian and US income tax returns for personal clients.
- Maintaining client work papers to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns and schedules.
- Ensuring follow-up on notices of assessments.
- Providing support to team members in related tasks.
- Tax Research.
What you bring to the role
- Accounting or Business diploma or degree.
- Strong tax or accounting background.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office. Excel experience is required.
- Exposure to Canadian/US payroll or expatriate compensation is considered an asset.
- Language skills such as French, Japanese, Korean, German, Spanish are an asset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills allowing effective interaction with managers and clients.
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn and self-motivated.
- Organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- This position is not for a candidate pursuing a Canadian CPA designation. Only those candidates that have already completed their Canadian CPA requirements or do not wish to obtain a Canadian CPA designation will be considered.
Keys to your success:
- Strong time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to sustain a high level of drive enthusiasm, and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
Capacity for working hard to meet demands at key times of pressure.
- Resilient in the face of challenges or obstacles.
about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity , we do what is right | Excellence , we never stop learning and improving | Courage , we think and act boldly | Together , we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better , we do what matters
KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process , please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: or phone: (phone hidden) or toll free 1-(phone hidden) Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Title PM Apprentice Primary Location Concord, Ontario Employee Type Employee Job Description Waste Connections of Canada has an immediate opening for a Mechanic Apprentice to [...]
Requisition ID: 89224 Cost Centre: GRM RISK BUSINESS ANALYTICS Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your ca [...]
Position Location: Ontario (home-based) Position Title: Clinical Data Manager (Permanent - Full time) Position Reports to: Manager, Clinical Data Management Department/Unit Name: Data Scie [...]
DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS - CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF VAUGHAN PeopleFind Inc. is an Executive Search and Outplacement firm committed to the delivery of outstanding results. For job seeke [...]