We’re looking for a Loss Prevention Specialist to join our growing team!
As a Loss Prevention Specialist, your work will have a big impact on consulting with clients, contractors, insurance brokers and engineers on loss prevention and risk control matters. People will count on you to involving in the methodical identification, evaluation and quantification of various risk factors (fire, explosion, natural hazard, equipment breakdown and liability, etc.) and the generation of risk improvement recommendations aimed to help our clients manage their exposure to losses and improve their risk management programs.
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Actively leading or participating in the development and implementation of departmental standards and guidelines;
- Ensuring a high-quality service for our clients and partners through Loss Prevention related consultations and the development and implementation of farm industry risk control best practices or tailored service plans.
- Working in collaboration with members of national loss prevention teams to ensure that our guidelines and high-quality service standards are current and well implemented;
- Providing support to corporate and regional underwriting, marketing and claims teams;
- Participating in continuous learning and development activities in order to improve oneself and share the knowledge with members of national loss prevention teams via assessments or training seminars;
- Performing quality reviews of internal risk assessment reports;
- Supporting management efforts for service improvements;
- Perform other related responsibilities as directed.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive experience in the agricultural field
- Developed knowledge of principles and techniques for preventing property and liability claims in the agricultural sector;
- Excellent knowledge of applicable Fire Protection & Building Codes and Standards (electric code, NFPA);
- Strong analysis, problem solving and decision-making capabilities;
- Clients focused with strong relationship building skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong learning, adaptation and coaching skills;
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, agility, and the ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Oriented management to determine and develop knowledge
- Degree in engineering, technical engineering, related sciences or equivalent experience;
- Hold a university degree (TPI) or college diploma (DEC) or a college study certificate (AEC) in fire prevention;
- CIP and CRM courses an asset;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Possession of a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Fluently bilingual (English/French) is a definite asset;
Position includes a company car and ability to work from home with a monthly allowance.
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work (Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Aon Platinum Best Employers, LinkedIn Top Company, Glassdoor Best Place to Work & Top CEO, Indeed Top-Rated Workplaces)
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Career and Student Success Advisor, Full-time - (15257) Find Your Spot at Humber If you are interested in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Onta [...]
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team [...]
Numéro de la demande d’emploi : 74242 Fonction administrative : Opérations de livraison Ville principale : calgary Emplacement(s) supplémentaire(s) : Province : Alberta Type d’emploi [...]
Numéro de la demande d’emploi : 67387 Fonction administrative : Ingénierie Ville principale : Calgary Emplacement(s) supplémentaire(s) : Province : Alberta Type d’emploi : Temps plei [...]