AFS Technologies, Inc.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this role is to ensure successful delivery of Exceedra projects, as well as supporting continuous improvement of Exceedra’s standard project delivery framework across Exceedra’s entire portfolio.
- Ensuring successful delivery of assigned client projects, to agreed time, budget and quality. This will include:
- Ensuring customer responsibilities are met and any blockers which arise are resolved.
- Collaborate with the NA technical lead and engagement consultant to ensure that all required tasks are correctly captured, estimated, and transferred into an executable and measurable project plan.
- Managing the day to day tasks of the project team to ensure that all activities are completed as planned, and any blockers or issues addressed.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for clients’ regular updates and ad-hoc queries, for their portfolio of projects.
- Capturing and managing the mitigation of risks.
- Managing the task management tool used by Exceedra (JIRA).
- Tracking and monitoring all time booked to their projects.
- Reporting resource performance to functional managers (both positive & constructive).
- Contribute to continuous improvement of standard project framework, to be adopted by all project managers within Exceedra.
- Provide internal reporting on the status of projects within their portfolio, including progress, risk and issues and project financials.
- Acting as a super user for Exceedra’s task management tool, JIRA, providing advice and guidance to project team and clients as required.
- Serve as point of contact for questions regarding Exceedra’s project set-up and tracking tool (AutoTask) and providing advice as able or escalating as needed.
- Work with the PMO Lead to assign resource allocations across the entire portfolio, calling out needs and gaps in skills, and resource assignments for escalation to leadership and possibly clients.
The role holder will work to a set of objectives as agreed with the PMO Lead. These will include:
- Delivery of agreed projects
- Contribution to the standard project framework.
- Mentorship of technical team members through the SDLC.
- Onboarding of new PMO team members as requested by PMO Lead
- This role does not have management responsibility for any staff members.
- Ensuring that technical tasks are delivered in line with project timescales using a limited and relatively junior resource pool.
- Escalating schedule delays to Exceedra leadership as a result of insufficient resource availability.
- Clear and transparent communication to clients as agreed between the PMO and Exceedra leadership.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Understanding of project management methods and best practices
- Understanding of software development lifecycles
- Relevant project management certification (Desirable)
- Understanding of working in customer-facing environments (Desirable)
- Project management and all associated disciplines
- Stakeholder management
- Communication Skills
- Team working
- Commercial awareness
- Producing project reports and presentations.
- People leadership
- Team management
- Experience of producing KPIs.
More than 3 years of project management experience or equivalent experience in another IT functional area.
Project management experience in a customer-facing delivery role.
- Good at working with people
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Completer-finisher who takes ownership for their tasks
- Holds other accountable to their commitments.
AFS/Exceedra is the leading provider of food and beverage enterprise software solutions. AFS/Exceedra is the only solutions provider serving the food industry to offer a feature rich, second generation, Windows-based software application that is platform and operating system independent offering a choice of relational databases. Solutions available include ERP, warehouse management, customer relationship management, supply chain management, eBusiness/eCommerce, business intelligence, production, and managed services. Over 7,000 industry professionals use our software daily.
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Pneus et rechapage Southward Montréal Inc, le spécialiste de la route depuis plus de 45 ans! Sous la bannière Point S, nous offrons des services rapides et courtois pour des automobiles et des cam [...]
MISSION ET OBJECTIFS Assumant la fonction de deuxième ligne de défense et agissant en vertu des pouvoirs qui lui ont été délégués par le comité de vérification de l’IHC et par le comité [...]
Trescal Canada est l'un des plus importants fournisseurs de services d’étalonnage, réparation et ventes d’équipement au monde, avec des emplacements dans plus de 20 pays. Trescal Canada, divis [...]
QUI SOMMES-NOUS ? Nous sommes l’Autorité régionale de transport métropolitain (ARTM), une organisation issue de la nouvelle gouvernance des transports collectifs de la grande région de Montr [...]