Job Family Group
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud and Physical Security capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO’s ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a large global financial organization in their Info Sec space where you will have great exposure to a multi-cloud work experience. The Security Architecture Strategy and Solution team plays a pivotal role in ensuring security is incorporated in all major enterprise initiatives through close collaboration with enterprise architecture, technology and business partners.
This role can be based in one of 3 locations: our Toronto office in Canada or one of our 2 offices based in the US which is either Chicago (IL) or Berkeley Heights (New Jersey). This will depend on which of these 3 locations that the candidate currently resides.
This role supports enterprise cloud security team as an important contributor, with tactical skills and strategic vision. You will lead and facilitate the design and implementation of repeatable cloud security design patterns, cloud security solutions and processes related to technology architecture. In addition, you will define and document efficient and transparent security architecture principles, standards and guidelines regarding the proper use and deployment of business applications, data and technology within the Bank for cloud migration/use.. Additionally, you will work with business and development teams in recommending process or system design and enhancements in context of cloud security.
- Works with managers and senior individual contributors (within group) to provide architectural recommendations & guidance as well as executive-level presentations at the enterprise level.
- Provides input into the preparation of business cases.
- Provides architectural expertise & domain knowledge to advise & guide senior leaders.
- Participates in architecture governance (may be as a non-voting member).
- Participates in setting technical direction of the styles of computing.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Assists in the development of Information Security Roadmaps.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Develops a deep understanding of organizational complexity to build strong rapport with the appropriate matrix areas for the construction and delivery of the solution.
- Leverages metrics and analytics to gain insight for planning, design and management to facilitate the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the technology organization at BMO, such as: sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Creates and manages the various architecture assets for the designated portfolio and scope. Includes Applications, Data, Technologies, Processes, and Users.
- Analyzes and designs viable solutions to high complexity business problems according to user specifications and oversees implementation of end-to-end integrated solutions.
- Ensures sound and robust architecture and provides sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate any negative impact on Technology and Enterprise budget.
- Identifies risks or issues with technology solution & design which may impact realization of project benefits and provides guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to proactively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project.
- Participates in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Identifies and researches relevant technologies, performs Proof of Concepts / Prototypes, and recommends applications of such technologies to future product architectures.
- Proactively identifies and implements strategies to improve reliability, leveraging automation wherever possible.
- Seeks to integrate digital methods for agile, rapid prototyping, and for customer involvement.
- Plans, researches, and designs robust security architectures, standards, systems and authentication protocols for any IT project.
- Participates and contributes to future Infrastructure Releases and Middleware/Hub.
- Ensures that chosen technology is flexible, supportable and requires minimal maintenance.
- Ensures the tactical implementation of the computing styles and architecture.
- Provides security review and guidance for projects driven by groups outside of Information security, specifically developing security requirements and developing secure designs.
- Reviews architectural designs and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Participates in checkpoint and design reviews.
- Participates in Information security projects throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Authors security standards and procedures.
- Develops a complete understanding of a company’s technology and information systems.
- Performs vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments.
- Analyzes trends to proactively prevent problems. Effectively resolves and follows-up on problems as they occur.
- Develops and recommends productivity aids in all aspects of assignments to accelerate delivery.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Minimum of 3-4+ years experience in Cloud Security
- Minimum of 6+ years experience in Information Security
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Information Security certification is preferred e.g. CISSP, CISSLP, GIAC etc.
- Knowledge of computer or network systems hardware and software theory, practice, concepts and technology relevant to organizational vision - Expert.
- Sufficient business knowledge to assess impact of applied technology on customer’s business processes.
- Knowledge of project management methodology and its applicability to successful delivery of technical change.
- Understands the strategic technical direction of: Middleware, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Testing, Systems Management, Enterprise Data & Access Layers, Pertinent Styles of Computing.
- Understanding and problem solving ability of Information Technology of various scale, degree and dimension of complexity - In-depth.
- Proficient in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration.
- Familiar with network protocols and networking infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Information security risk, and industry best practices with minimum of 2 years relevant experience - Working.
- Knowledge of the technical areas such as data warehouses, mainframes, networks, applications etc. - Working.
- Knowledge of Corporate Policies, Standards, and operating procedures relating to information security risk.
- Knowledge of the technology domain the architecture is being developed for. E.g. Databases, Product, Service, etc. - Working.
- Deep technical and system-level expertise in one or more technology areas.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
What is the opportunity? RBC is a digitally-enabled relationship bank. We strive to engage our customers when, how and where it’s most convenient and to provide a highly-personalized experience. [...]
What is the opportunity? As a Senior Solutions Architect for Advisor and ATM technologies, you will have the opportunity to define technical solutions for initiatives that evolve RBC P&CB;’s abilit [...]
What is the opportunity? As a Senior Solutions Architect for Advisor and ATM technologies, you will have the opportunity to define technical solutions for initiatives that evolve RBC P&CB's ability t [...]
What is the opportunity? RBC is a digitally-enabled relationship bank. We strive to engage our customers when, how and where it's most convenient and to provide a highly-personalized experience. We a [...]