Job Family Group
Senior Manager, Cloud Adoption Engineering
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate professional for a Senior Manager, Cloud Adoption Engineering position. BMO’s cloud strategy is focused on innovation, leveraging rapidly emerging cloud native services to meet the rapidly evolving needs of our customers. The BMO Cloud Engineering team is leading the way at a Bank where our Purpose is Growing The Good and Being Bold. We demonstrate those values every day. Be part of the action – where we have challenging discussions about how to align those customer requirements to the right cloud architectures and services. Help evolve the BMO’s core cloud platform,
leveraging emerging best practices and tools, securely connected to our strategic suppliers, providing a platform for innovation to an entire Bank.
Working in a close-knit technical team;
- The person will dive in and lead the day-to-day direction of the Cloud Adoption Engineering team in defining and enabling the BMO Cloud Adoption platform to drive innovation, application modernization and delivering exciting new cloud capabilities at scale.
- The team is tasked to develop cloud capability to automate workload deployments on both on-prem and off-prem cloud platforms.
- The team is a product owner with responsibility for product enhancement and life cycle management of several enterprise tools including BMO’s Cloud Platform, Ansible Tower, and other supporting systems.
- Manage and give guidance to the team on the development of highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud capability
- Enhance the capacity of the Cloud Adoption Engineering team through new hiring, coaching, training, and hands-on-leadership while maintaining and fostering BMO values
- Oversees the day-to-day work that includes product deployment, enhancement, and support for cloud capabilities
- Develop service catalog, onboard on-prem and off-prem cloud platforms for automated workload placement
- Provide best-practice documentation and collaborate across technology and CIO organization to promote CI/CD driven infrastructure as a Code capability
- Develop long- and short-term work plans for the Cloud Engineering team to meet the goals sets in the enterprise Cloud Solution Design and Cloud Target architecture
- Develop long-and short-term product roadmaps for supports products
- Provide consistent collaborative leadership with senior executives to help drive goals and objectives that will improve operational efficiencies.
- Drive adherence to Agile methodologies including playing a role of scrum lead
Required Core Skills:
- At least six 6 years of experience in a technical role in a large enterprise environment
- Experience leading development and technology teams
- Solid knowledge of Public Cloud Platforms, Cloud Services, and Cloud Development
- Strong technical leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native Architecture and principles and Infrastructure as a code
- Experience with implementing CI/CD Systems and DevOps methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of enterprise change management process and technology governance
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g. written, verbal, presentation)
- A critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to engage, lead and drive vendors working closely with our Vendor Management function
- Organizational and strategic management skills, including budget and business planning and forecasting
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting with senior management and executive roles for internal and external partners
- Extensive business acumen, technical knowledge, and industry experience encompassing one or more cloud engineering, technology, and product domains
- A strong team player, self-motivated and a positive attitude.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Manager, Cloud Operations-20000RG7 Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English Preferred Qualifications Oracle Marketing Cloud is seeking a Cloud Ope [...]
RBC is a digitally-enabled relationship bank. We strive to engage our customers when, how and where it's most convenient and to provide a highly-personalized experience. We also collaborate broadly wi [...]
What is the opportunity? Everything is cool when you're part of an awesome team. We are looking to add a Core Banking DevOps Engineer to the API team at RBC. The API team delivers enterprise service [...]
Address: 250 Yonge Street Job Family Group: Audit, Risk & Compliance The Digital and Emerging Technology Risk Officer will be responsible setting strategies and policies on how risks associ [...]