Garda Canada Security Corportation
Are you ready to suit up?
Every day, thousands of Canadians are working to get us through the COVID-19 pandemic, and GardaWorld is at the forefront of this effort. Join us and help us keep our essential Industrial security services open and safe.
We are seeking Casual On-Call personnel to work Industrial projects within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. The candidate will work twelve-hour shifts including nightshifts, weekdays and weekends, in all seasonal weather conditions. Garda World provides camp accommodations. The Incumbent will provide their own transportation to the camp.
This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, applicants are required to pass an onboarding exam.
All personnel will diligently follow safety protocols and procedures, with close attention to detail. The successful applicant will be physically fit, with ability to complete multiple foot patrols including climbing multiple set of stairs safely.
What you'll be doing
- Access control through the computer system
- Camera surveillance of access gates and parking barriers
- Greet customers and register visitors as needed
- Manage contractor access as well as access cards
- Perform daily reports and incident reports
- Act as first responder during events, crisis situations and emergencies
- Perform surveillance rounds
- Occasionally escort maintenance in restricted areas
- Unlock and lock certain areas during monitoring rounds and via Lenel systems
- Escort employees late at night, to their car in the parking lot
What we offer
- Competitive hourly wage
- Variable on-call schedule
- Complete uniform
- Career advancement
What we're looking for
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Security Guard licence
- 24/7 availability
- Valid first aid card
- Security experience
- Comfortable working on a computer
- At ease working as a team and offering excellent customer service
- Valid class 5 driver's license (No GDL's). with drives abstract (min 3 years clean)
- CSTS and OSSA or BSO or CSO (newest version)
- H2S Alive
- Wildlife Awareness and Fit Testing (training provided)
- Pass Drug and Alcohl testing
GardaWorld: Make the world a safer place
GardaWorld is a global leader in the security industry, offering a wealth of opportunity to individuals looking to gain experience and develop professionally in a growing industry. We offer flexible schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries, and training and career advancement opportunities. We embrace diversity and welcome newcomers, women, students, retirees, reservists, veterans, and more to join our team, as we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Security Guard, Security Officer, Security
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Description of the job Want to work for an Organization that is committed to ‘doing the right thing’, where you can make a difference in Alberta’s energy sector? The focus of this Field [...]
Servus's Member Service Representatives are the smiling people that greet you when you walk into a Servus branch. They are the ones who really make the Servus brand come to life, providing a personali [...]
Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? I [...]
Our Patient Care Services department consists of the Patient Care Centers, Home Collections and Customer Care Center teams. They play a critical role in the customer service delivery as they have dire [...]