Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of Retirement Living accommodations, and services in the Maritimes. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 4,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Dietary Aide - Part-time and Full-time
Located on Baker Drive in Dartmouth at Parkland at the Lakes and reporting to the Executive Chef and the Client Service Manager as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Retirement Living Division.
The Dietary Aide is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding "Shannex Philosophy of Service".
The Dietary Aide will be responsible for the preparation and plating of meals for clients associated with one server; maintains and cleans all equipment and assigned areas performs related work as required.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Sets up servery and dining room for meal times; serves food on the servery line.
- Cleans dining area tables and chairs; refills sugar, salt and pepper containers.
- Operates a dishwashing machine and arranges pans, dishes and cutlery for washing, rinsing and serving
- Portions baked goods, beverages, salads and desserts for serving.
- Prepares and delivers diabetic snacks and completes preparation of night lunch cart. Delivers and retrieves juice and medication glasses to nursing units.
- Completes morning and afternoon fluid passes.
- Collects dirty dishes from dining areas and returns them to the servery for dishwashing.
- Sweeps and mops servery and dining room floors; removes garbage and recyclables from the servery area. Completes scheduled cleaning duties as per job routines.
- Stocks supplies in storage areas using "first in-first out" inventory rotation.
- Completes appropriate servery documentation on a daily basis, including servery requisitions, temperature checklists, etc.
- Monitors portioning and records excesses at each meal. Reports portioning variances and product acceptability indicators.
- Takes every reasonable precaution to protect own health and safety and the health and safety of other persons at or near the workplace.
- Follows safety, environmental and infection control practices as per facility policies.
- Grade 12 or GED
- Food Handlers Certification
- The ability to work required shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Applicants must be available to work twelve-hour shifts (7am - 7pm).
The following would be considered assets:
- Knowledge of and understanding of the concepts of excellent customer service, effective listening and team building.
- Knowledge of the methods and practices of safe food preparation and service.
- Alzheimer's & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred.
- Previous experience working with seniors in a Retirement Living or Long-Term Care environment
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for team members where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our colleagues are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, shift and weekend premiums, on-site parking, and flexible scheduling.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by September 15th, 2020.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As Canada's fastest-growing specialty retailer of consumer electronics, Best Buy ensures it offers one of the best work environments in the country. Employee experience is at the heart of everything w [...]
Cole Harbour Integrated Health Services is looking for a Full Time Patient Coordinator to join our team. Our Patient Coordinators provide outstanding administrative support to patients, co-workers [...]
Cole Harbour Integrated Health Services is looking for a Full Time Patient Coordinator to join our team. Our Patient Coordinators provide outstanding administrative support to patients, co-workers an [...]
Location: 460 Windmill Rd, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia B3A1J7 Canada Are you an enthusiastic, highly motivated person that would love to start your career in the retail industry with U-Haul? If you ar [...]